Thread: Very rough idle on cold cold start-up?? (5 deg F cold)

Very rough idle on cold cold start-up?? (5 deg F cold)

I started my RS6 this morning and for the first minute is idled very very rough. I was a little worried so I shut it down for a minute and check under the hood to make sure nothing was frozen up. I restarted and drove right away and everything smoothed out. By the time I made it to work idle was just fine. I will run for any codes this evening but any thoughts? It was 5 degrees F so really fricken cold.

Thanks

MNRS6

When was the last time you gapped your plugs? Did you have the air-intake off recently and maybe need to re-seat the MAFs?

I did the timing belt a couple months ago but it has been running great since then. Last time I gapped my plugs? Let me think......never. I have only owned the car for 8,000 miles though. Bought it with 75,000.

MNRS6

Recommended interval for plug change is 10k. I'd look at that first.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Could be the seals on the injectors...

10k, really? I guess I need new plugs.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Wasn't there a thread last winter about frozen throttle plate due to tempratire?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Yeah that was me that was having the issue. Very low idle, check engine and epc light on and fault stored for throttle valve malfunction. Only would happen to me when car sat outside below zero for a few hours, let it warm up and cycle the key and it was fine. Im pretty sure the throttle plate was frozen and the motor couldn't operate and fault is set.