Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: update on MAF seals by Apikol

Sometimes reseting modules completely is needed. Not something I would do on a regular basis though.

Alot of times low voltage from a battery while cranking can cause modules to freak out and lock up

Right. I dont and wont make a habit out of it, but clearly necessary this time. I also unscrewed my maf's from my airbox, wrapped some black tape around them and fhey fit fairly snug know.
    2013 Audi S8

So the reset worked? SAI would never be the problem for no boost because all of the air for the minute it runs goes into the exhaust manifold, even if it leaks. Only vacuum it uses goes into opening the SAI valves......I think...you can plug the SAI control input (125) and it shouldn't affect it.

Hope it works and hope it don't come back!

Yeah, I probably need to do some SAI maintenance..clean or replace combi valves etc...but not gonna worry about that for now. Just happy the car seems good. I will drive and log some more tomorrow...and report back...
    2013 Audi S8

Woo hoo- I hope it is corrected for ya!
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Woo hoo- I hope it is corrected for ya!
    Thanks randy. We!ll see tomorrow....
    2013 Audi S8

I also noticed that my car is way faster after the redneck reset, or even re-flashing the ECU. But maybe you have a bad valve or even a check-valve? there are 4-5 (including suction jet pump) under the manifold.. I can't imagine one going bad, but a one-way valve going bad in your secondary/EGR system may jack things up. I hope your reset fixes it!
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

I did do the redneck reset, but it was BEFORE I taped up my MAF"s , so leaking MAF seals was LIKELY my issue all along. Aggravating that I had no codes or CEL. B*tch troubleshooting that way... I don't seem to have any more vac leaks, although I can't see anything UNDER the intake. Idles fine and seems to run mint. I did come back smiling last night after my "test" ride. I will go out later and log some more...I probably have some maintenance to do on my SAI system. Probably have to check the combi valves and might need new ones. If I decide to keep the car, I will bag the whole system. I just need to find out how critical it is to emissions here.
    2013 Audi S8

When you say you taped the MAF's do you mean where they go into the intake by the MAF seals or on the MAF to airbox interface? Tape on the airbox to MAF seal would have no bearing on the MAF reading as all the air is still coming through the MAF.

Glad you are FAST again! I'm going to go drive mine till it gets hot and wont shift. Fun 10 minutes at a time!

Yes. I wrapped tape around the base where the MAF goes into the plenum and where the seals seal (taped over the groove). Fits WAY tighter and I'm positive it doesn't leak. I'm betting that was my problem all the time, although 2 small vac leaks may have contributed. But still no lights or codes (just the SAI and left engine mount codes I always had)

I logged again just now and all looks good..little heat soak as I took it for a spirited drive trying to make it do something wrong...didn't do anything wrong...I logged blocks 2, 114 and 115 and all seems well. I thought I saw some weird N75 actiuon, but I recall barely ever getting to full throttle...I can't seem to post more than 5-7 lines at a time, so if someone wants to see the log, PM me and I can email it to you. Maybe someone else that isn't mentally handicapped can post it...
    2013 Audi S8