Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: update on MAF seals by Apikol

Won't it still be in limp mode? Should I do a reset (VAG or redneck) after I start it up with disconnected MAF's? Should I datalog this MAFless run also? If it runs good, can I assume that the MAF's are bad? Car's got 80k, probably original...thanks guys....
    2013 Audi S8

I would think that your MAF readings are low because it is in limp mode and not the other way around. If you had an intake leak you would probably get a MAF implausible code followed by a bank 1/2 rich/lean code. When my MAF died it just went to zero output. I still don't understand how or why the car goes to limp mode with no codes, although I have felt mine with no boost before. I'd do a reset first just because it is the easiest, see if anything changes then if not, unplug the MAF's. Changed the air filters recently?

Nope no changes. I will disconnect the MAF's later and go drive and datalog and see what happens...Should I see stock boost or my flashed boost?
    2013 Audi S8

My guess is the ECU reverts to a generic map, so I would say stock boost but someone with much more knowledge can chime in. I don't have a Vag and have never logged a boost.

With the maf's unplugged it will go to a slightly reduced map of whatever flash setup you have. Lets say 98% of what it would be if mafs were good.

And also just for everyones info, if you pop a boost hose and need t limp it home. You can unplug the maf's and it will drive like you did not have a boost leak, it will just be underpowered because of boost leak

Thanks. I checked all the hoses under the airbox yesterday..all is well. I just put the car on the lift and inspected all my IC's hoses up and down etc..all is also well..so still no leaks and no codes and no boost.
    2013 Audi S8

what are the actual and requested boost readings?
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

No boost and no codes? I thinks my head is going to split in two...and it's not even my car

Specified is between 1000 & 1350..and actual is between 1000 and 1370...MAF readings max out between 140-145 for each MAF...

I think it's pissed at me becasue I decided to sell it...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Thanks. I checked all the hoses under the airbox yesterday..all is well. I just put the car on the lift and inspected all my IC's hoses up and down etc..all is also well..so still no leaks and no codes and no boost.
    Yikes- There is absolutely "no boost". When I had no boost at all- it was due to a turbo. I hope your issue is something much less major. Log of 3,31,115 measuring blocks would be helpful to see requested and actual boost numbers.

Edit: Saw you posted the numbers while I was posting. Well- it appears the mechanics of the turbo may be working as the actual is producing some boost to match the pitiful low requested. I feel your pain as these things can be a bear to track down (is it the ECU, is it the programming, wiring, etc, etc.).
    210K miles rolled

Limp mode from something.. its not wanting more than 1300 for a reason. Can you log requested torque?
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Limp mode from something.. its not wanting more than 1300 for a reason. Can you log requested torque?
    I'll try to log block 120 today too..., although my car is flashed , so I'll probably get crap data for that too...
    2013 Audi S8

I'm sure you checked, but no trans codes either?

Yes checked everything...300 times...but this morning I had my SAI codes back.

So I started digging...I just found a broken hose at my pass side combi valve and a broken nipple on my SAI valve under airbox. So that explains my SAI codes, but of course no one has the valve in stock......

Took my MAF's OFF my airbox and fit them into my plenum..pretty loose. I wrapped some black tape around them and they fit pretty tight now, so whenever I get the new SAI valve fitted, I will just go drive it and see what happens...just going to fit the airbox over the MAF's...

I don't think any of this is relevant to my limp issue, but we'll see...
    2013 Audi S8

It would take a while for them to get cross country but I have my whole SAI system sitting in a box if you want me to send you a valve? I could probably have it in this afternoon's mail?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

It seems I will not find one today..struck out at 5 places so far...NAPA can get it, but they are ALSO from the left coast...Wolf auto has about 5 on ebay..again halfway across the country...not sure what to do...
    2013 Audi S8

I had my vacuum SAI hoses fall apart, replaced some of them before I broke the nipple on the control valve. I gave up and plugged the vacuum line across from the valve till I can steal it off my A6.

Found the piece still in the hose. Super glued the tit back on. Going for a drive to see if it can pass the heat and vibration test...
    Thansk Hahn..I'll let you know soon...
    2013 Audi S8