Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 rns-e

2011 rns-e

Hi guys

Wonder if there is interest in BRAND NEW 2011 RNS-E(s) (newest updated models) with:

-Original PIN CARD and Serial Number label

-A6 faceplate and proper coding !

-Original printed manual

-Bose/Non-Bose harness, adapter, GPS antenna, removal keys

for more info on features and if interested please email me: neozawa at gmail dot com Plese add your forum nick when responding.

PS. I also have SAT modules for RNS-E and BT modules for RNS-E

http://forums.quattroworld.com/allroad/msgs/84811.phtml

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05419..jpg 
Views:	620 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	12024
    Last edited by zawa; November 30th, 2011 at 20:20. Reason: adding pictures

Sorry Zawa, I didn't get back to you about this...
    I am going to have to pass this time...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

No problem, actually one unit is about to be shipped to CA :-)

email sent.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

email back

Wow, quattroworld gives me a headache. What the hell do they use that threaded forum style for?

What are you charging?

I have a RNS-E in my allroad I was planning to swap into my RS6 but if you have them priced decently, I may be interested!

Also, what is the cost for the Sirius and/or BT modules? Do these A2DP?

Thanks!
    2003 RS6 - Red/CF/SE Apikol Intercoolers, Conti ECDWS, Coming soon: Eurocharge tune and MTM TCU.

What are you charging?

pm

PM sent to both. Please contact back via provided email

Zawa, question is will the new RNS-E work in a C5 body just like the old one? Will it still take a GALA signal for motion or does it get it's speed signal over CAN?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

YES, it does work in c5 platform !!! seen attached pic in my allroad (c5) platform in the very first post?

I sell complete sets with everything(faceplate included), coded to your needs (car model, hardware options).

Again please use provided email for more details.

A

I have seen that thing in zawa's Allroad....... It's gorgeous with a factory fit.......

Edit: yeah, that pic he posted is from his Allroad.

Pokeity Poke...

Still available?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Zawa 2011 RNS-E in my RS 6. Oh baby!!

I posted this review on the site I learned about a GB on, but wanted to share with my RS 6 friends my experince with Zawa and a little info on how the install went. I had an '06 RNS-E unit in my B6 S4 years ago and it was nice, but the new 2011 is SO much nicer. More responsive, ridiculous amount of music on dual 32gb SD Cards, gorgeous screen. I'm a happy camper, and as I mention below, there is NO doubt that Zawa knows what he's doing with getting the 2011's working on the C5 platform.

I have been selling and buying on eBay since 1999 (1400+ 100% positive feedback) and have had countless transactions on various 'enthusiast' forums ranging from of course Audi forums to Mac forums as well as Photography and PC stuff. I have always prided myself at approaching my transactions in a simple matter: treat people buying my gear like I would want to be treated.

The bottom line is that Zawa truly raises the bar on trading online. Again, I have bought a lot of things on the bay including my previous Audi, a 2004 S4 so I have a lot of experience with Internet based transactions. I simply could not be happier with how I was treated by Zawa. Always a fast response, patient with my questions, and very proactive in letting me know the status of the transaction. Add on to that over the top packaging to make sure that it arrived safely and he charged me the exact shipping cost.

I feel like I've got a special setup for a special car, and that just rocks. Adam, again many thanks for all you did in our trade. I hope we can trade again soon.

Here are a few pics of my install. Nothing new, but FWIW, I chose not to install the GALA lead and the unit updates perfectly. Took maybe 15 minutes to 'adapt' to the car, and refreshes were quick. Because I didn't remove the cluster for GALA, I ended up dropping the glove box (very easy) and found a sweet spot for the GPS antenna that put the magnet on solid metal and tightly wedged it inbetween the metal beam and the underside of the dash. I get 6+ sats at all times. I've not fully seated the unit yet as I'm working on getting a line in plug, the unit came coded with Line In enabled.

For any doubters out there, there is NO question that Zawa knows how to code a 2011 RNS-E for the A6 platform.

Anyone considering dropping a fair chunk of change for an RNS-E setup should not hesitate to do business with Zawa!

And now, some pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rnse06..jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	12361   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rnse10..jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	12362   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rnse09..jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	12363   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rnse01..jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	12364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rnse03..jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	12365   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rnse07..jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	12366  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rnse04..jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	12367   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rnse05..jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	12368   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rnse11..jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	12369   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rnse08..jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	12370  

Neat. For what it's worth, if you're behind the glovebox already, instead of using the add-on GPS antenna you can remove the defunct On-star unit and use its antenna lead for the head unit. That's what I did. I also skipped the GALA wire with my first gen RNS-E and it works well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kday View Post
    Neat. For what it's worth, if you're behind the glovebox already, instead of using the add-on GPS antenna you can remove the defunct On-star unit and use its antenna lead for the head unit. That's what I did. I also skipped the GALA wire with my first gen RNS-E and it works well enough.
    Absolutely... I'm planning on replacing the OnStar module with the Audi BT module and will definitely grab the Sat antenna from that spot. I assume I'll need an extension cable..? Looks like I need to code for DIS nav info but my car was non-nav so no surprise there.

Played with the nav a bit this morning on the drive to work and the voice actually prompted me for TMC traffic conditions... "attention, traffic congestion ahead in 2 miles" type thing. Very cool...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmc..jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	12371  

Yeah, you'll need an extension cable. Just a couple feet.

Traffic notification sounds cool. I'm a little jealous

I used the old onstar bracket to mount the BT module, with the addition of some thin aluminum and foam tape:

Edited to add: I actually find the DIS nav display kind of annoying. I want to code it out. It is the default display so I have to toggle back to the normal display whenever I'm not using nav (which is almost always). Plus it bugs me that it displays the compass heading, since that's redundant with the rearview mirror.

Thank you Tom and enjoy !!! for others, there is way more to it than TMC (see link)

Hi,

Could you please give some more info on the use of the "OnStar" units Antenna? What kind of Antenna are you talking about? The OnStar is a cellular network device? NO? Does it also use a satellite antenna???

Also, what connectors are needed for that extension?

Thank you,

Mike