Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wipers

Wipers

My wipers are normal c5 ones for the RS complete with audi's aero dynamic strip on ie its supposed to keep them stuck to the windscreen at high speed and are special to the rs6!!!!!
    Today I found they don't work As my speed was a little bit more than normal I was a bit alarmed as my wipers went on a slow go....is this because the linkage maybe failing? Or is it normal? If it was I wasn't very happy!
    Does anyone have any suggestions please as I don't want it to happen again

I do not use OEM and on several spirited runs, I have never had my blades move. I always wondered if I was sustained 140mph+, like Texas mile, would my blades hold.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Mr speedtrapped your pm limit has been used can you please accept a pm from me

Room made
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

So you started a windshield wiper thread.

Ok.

The Wipers on two A6's I've owned (2000 A6 4.2 and 2003 RS6) simply STINK! Noisy as hell. Even when brand new! The wipers on my minivan are silent! The wipers on my 2008 A4 Cabriolet are silent.

Those on the RS6 BITE! Noisy, chatter across the window. Drives ME NUTS. I try not to use them, that drives my wife crazy when we are traveling in the rain.

So, I'd don't think the wipers on the RS6 are any good at ANY SPEED.

End Rant.

LOL....

But, my wipers and my RS6 are both paid off! LOL..

Mike

Lots of Rain-X helps, but not for long. I'd love a solution with winter about to set in....

LOL @ Mike. Hoooorraay for the pay-off.

I have not problems with my wipers. I have some rainX wipers. I have driven at 160 for brief moments. I have driven at 120+ for more than brief moments.

Something seems a little off Amanda
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

No wiper issues...charmin makes it sparkly clean every time..00 However; at 160 wipes/per second- I have seen smoke start to appear.

Good luck Amanda with finding a resolution. The high speed issues are a pain. The conversation kind of goes like:

Me: This- fill in the blank for high speed issue- only happens when at a high speed
    Tech: Smiles- I'll see if I can recreate it

...a couple days go by.....

Tech: We've been running it like George Michael's aRse and couldn't recreate the issue
    Me: I need to have it resolved...What's the next step?
    Tech: You want us to keep it another couple of days???
    Last edited by MaxRS6; November 13th, 2011 at 14:06.
    210K miles rolled

Yes, I have used Rain-X.... makes it less necessary to use the wipers LOL!

As far as the wipers moving slow at high speeds, I have no idea but I do agree that the wipers move slow at all speeds!

Now if you want the wipers to wipe cleaner or just better (not faster), I've had very good luck with cleaning my windows with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and 3M tar and adhesive remover. The 3m is hard to find at my local AutoZone now so I go for the Home Depot "Goof Off." Works just as well. I even use it on my paint when I detail. I once clean the windshield and my GF said "oh good, you finally replaced the wipers." Give it a try. Of course you should also clean the rubber blades as well. 303 makes a conditioner for the rubber.

I have had issues with the wiper wiping cleanly. After cleaning the windscreen it was much better for about a month. Though I have had issues with streaking I never have had issues with them making noise. I have bosch icon blades.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

I had to replace the wiper motor shortly after I bought mine. Bought it on ebay for $80 or $90, easy to change out, the hardest part was removing the wiper arms from the mounts. Mine went very slow, then stopped, and naturally it happened when they were directly in front of my eyes. I stopped at a gas station and bought RainX, drove the next three hours without needing the wipers. I love that stuff.

Yup...wipers on these cars SUCK!!! AND you can't get them anywhere but the dealer? Most aftermarket autopart stores don't stock parts for a "1 year only" car? Not a huge issue for me, as I don't often find myself a triple digit speeds in the rain...especially at the Texas Mile...
    2013 Audi S8

After doing further research it looks like the linkage is failing rather than the blades so I shall be ordering a new linkage rather than repairing the old one as its only about £70 .... I will then keep you updated about the wipers at high speed

U should be extra thorough, maybe 250kmh run just to make sure,

at those speeds, one shouldn't need wipers at all, especially when the windshield has been cleaned properly.

I just purchased Rain-X Latitudes; both 22". Hope they fit/work well...
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

When this thread came up a few weeks ago I knew I needed wipers. I went with the Bosch Icons. Turns out that's what was on there. They are ok when new but I would have wanted to try something new.

You do need to treat the windshield though. I just had mine replaced in Dec due to a crack so it really needed it! I just used the wax I use on the car. Prima Hydra (not sure off the top of my head which stage) and its great. Some waxes build up but this didn't. I used rain-x before and for some reason I didn't like it.

Now I just need to adjust the washer nozzles! I'm also looking at finding a good "fan" style spray nozzle too. I hate the stream style!!
    -Greg
    2003 RS6