Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wipers

And SOOOO the Necro bump

So it is time for that question again about wipers:
    I have replaced mine with OEM and sure as $hit, streaking again in the middle.

I would LOVE to get some of the new wipers (Bosch, rainX, whatnot) but the stupid curve is hindering the selections.
    Any ideas?

There are some idjuts out there that "think" the OEM RS6 wipers with the driver's side fin are NOT aero, which is fine since they don't own an RS6.
    There is an offering of "Aero" wipers on ecstuning that might fit the curved wiper arms but unsure.

Any guidance?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Just slide in a refill for less than $10. They measure 22" long and 6mm wide. I remember spreading out a couple of the clamps where they would bind. Now I replace them at the first sign of a streak as I have a stack of spares (getting low with our brutal winter).
    03 RS6 Avus, 80 Modena Spyder, 93 Porsche 964 Cab, 11 Toyota Sienna SE, 95 John Deere 345 w/42" snow blower

Maybe they are 7mm. I pulled the label out of the box so I don't have the brand or model number any more...
    03 RS6 Avus, 80 Modena Spyder, 93 Porsche 964 Cab, 11 Toyota Sienna SE, 95 John Deere 345 w/42" snow blower

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    And SOOOO the Necro bump

So it is time for that question again about wipers:
    I have replaced mine with OEM and sure as $hit, streaking again in the middle.

I would LOVE to get some of the new wipers (Bosch, rainX, whatnot) but the stupid curve is hindering the selections.
    Any ideas?

There are some idjuts out there that "think" the OEM RS6 wipers with the driver's side fin are NOT aero, which is fine since they don't own an RS6.
    There is an offering of "Aero" wipers on ecstuning that might fit the curved wiper arms but unsure.

Any guidance?

The last two times I replaced my wipers, I used Bosch icons from autozone. 22 on both. They work great. They were 25 each.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Here are the blade only refills - Anco W-22R for $1.98 for a pair at Rock Auto: http://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/x,cata...anco_W22R.html

Thanks for the timely bump, Ben. I have replaced my OEMs twice, and they are on the fritz again (multiple streaks in the middle). The OEM wipers just seem to be pieces of crap -- expensive, don't last very long, annoying streaks. I think I'm going to try the Bosch (thanks JSRS6).
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

As said earlier in the thread I use BOSCH ICON and they are very quiet and dont move 130+mph. Depending on how long you decide to keep moving at this speed i cant promise because in NJ we dont have much time to keep moving at those high speeds but I have no complaints whatsoever. Last set lasted me 6+months. I usually try and change them every 4 months just to keep that streak free wipe.
    they call me Tank

i bought some generic "22-1" blades at auto zone. $20. work great. no chatter, no streaking. The chatter was so annoying... no more!

Also VERY happy with BOSH ICONS for winter ...there is a differing left and right side.

I also use the OE 2001 Audi allroad wipers for the summer, l & curved r side also, and also under $20. The driver's side is 'aero' with the lil' spoiler too.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Cheap solution

ClearPlus 20221 Premium Wiper Blade, 22"
    Amazon has them for $6.05 with free prime shipping. Originally their fit guide said they were for the RS6, now it doesn't.
    These are the first blades I've had that don't streak where the arm attaches. I like them much better than the $25 Michelin blades they replaced.
    They probably won't last long but are doing fine in today's ice and snow.
    Sold - 2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl on Black / Carbon Fiber / ACE Converter - Tozo installed / Eurocharged ECU / MTM TCU

Bought refills from FCP Euro for $12 a set. Only place I could find just the refill as WalMart and the auto parts stores only sell the cartridge. Funny, I was looking at the wipers in my office the other day...380 mph and they stayed in place just fine with no plastic aero crap.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	window1.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	13561

Office has a nice view...at least on that trip...
    2013 Audi S8

Office is cramped and noisy....especially for 5 hours. But it does have its moments and I do love it.

HA..kudos on your career choice...
    2013 Audi S8

Bump,
    so what is the best option as of today?

I just need a direct replacement, don't want to change the arms as well.

Quote Originally Posted by audiprotn View Post
    Bump,
    so what is the best option as of today?

I just need a direct replacement, don't want to change the arms as well.
    Bosch Icons, I think they are 22A and 22B
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I still do the blade only refills - Anco W-22R for $1.98 for a pair at Rock Auto: http://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/x,cata...anco_W22R.html

I retain all the OEM arms and hardware, just swap the blade. They work as OEM. At this price I can toss them at will.

Don, so you are saying that these inserts will work in the Audi wipers? I hope so because I just ordered some