Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DMH electric exhaust cut-outs/dump valves

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    I have the fuel filter changed regularly, same gas, ACEsIV, and has been running fine up to this point.
    My car is apparently quite a hot mess!
    After a day of diagnosis, guess what they came up with- the fuel filter was almost completely clogged. Yay!

Hey, wait a minute, why is my fuel filter clogged? I just changed it a year or 2 ago (certainly less than 35k miles that I believe Audi recommends), my gas tank was replaced a couple years ago when the roll-over valve was leaking, and I almost never run on fumes...

I asked them to give me the old fuel filter- I want to crack it open and see what's clogging it. I guess I'll see what I'll see. I can't remember ever seeing any particulate matter in the ACES IV, either.

What are the odds that I had 3 different things wrong with my car at the same time? I hit almost all the major internal combustion engine food groups-- Air, fuel, just missing spark.

I 'm hoping that that actually solves the problem once and for all. I get the car back tomorrow morning.

No dice. Fuel pump's bad. So four things now and counting.
    Upside is now it's on warranty co. dime.
    Downside is the part is not in stock.

Good news- Fuel pump arrived today (paid extra to have it overnighted).
    Bad news- The wrong one arrived.

At least I get an Audi loner now and don't have to deal with the rental anymore.
    This is really turning into a long, drawn-out headache...

Well, I got my baby back today! Running great. I had them install my KW-V3s while it was there and I had a loaner anyway. It was worth a little extra for me to have it done at the dealer, given the circumstances. I love the look!
    Rubs and scrapes a tiny bit, so I may raise it a little.

Great news!
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

It's been quite a while, but I finally removed the pre-cats a few months ago while the engine was out for the infamous oil-cooler pipe leak (replaced with Bufkin billet aluminum piece, btw). Took about an hour and 15 mins for each pre-cat with a power drill, wood-boring bits, extension, hammer, and a piece of angled aluminum to pound out the residual (and PPE of course- that platinum dust is nasty). I got the Revo Stage 2 remap, also.

I made some more in-car videos to compare. The roar still overpowers the mic, so maybe hard to tell any difference. In person it sounds even better than before. Unquestionably louder turbo spool.
    I'll do a couple drive-bys at WOT when I find the tripod and call it a day w/the vids.
    I got called back into work a couple times and decided to make the most of it by finally taking some vids. I edited them all into one longer video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQiB3PygxZQ
    Last edited by Spidercat; November 16th, 2012 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    It's been quite a while, but I finally removed the pre-cats a few months ago while the engine was out for the infamous oil-cooler pipe leak (replaced with Bufkin billet aluminum piece, btw). Took about an hour and 15 mins for each pre-cat with a power drill, wood-boring bits, extension, hammer, and a piece of angled aluminum to pound out the residual (and PPE of course- that platinum dust is nasty). I got the Revo Stage 2 remap, also.

I made some more in-car videos to compare. The roar still overpowers the mic, so maybe hard to tell any difference. In person it sounds even better than before. Unquestionably louder turbo spool.
    I'll do a couple drive-bys at WOT when I find the tripod and call it a day w/the vids.
    I got called back into work a couple times and decided to make the most of it by finally taking some vids. I edited them all into one longer video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQiB3PygxZQ
    AWESOME!!!!

How far up did you put the cut outs? Meaning where in relation to the body? Before the Mufflers? or closer up towards the cats that used to be there?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Thanks, Ben!
    Correct. They are exactly where the primary cats used to be, so about 2 feet or so downstream from the flange on the downpipes.
    There's a perfectly-sized bit of real estate where the primary cats were.

damn. that sounds incredible and a must-do. I love putting the RS6 into cruiser/camper mode with the wife and having the silence - we have our best talks and bonding time on long road trips (seeing as we have no choice but to talk with each other lol :P), but that's just perfect, to have a sound to match the Beast's power at the flip of a switch!

Decatting is also high on the priority list - really, the only thing left to do is to work on the exhaust and I'm done tuning my car. But discretionary funds...having bought two bikes this summer and pouring money into them, then discovering the Better Half is pregnant, has put a chokehold on toy spending for the time being. But I built my Skyline while starting off kid #1 so it's a doable balancing act.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo