Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel pump fuse location?

Fuel pump fuse location?

Just like title states, anyone have the locale? I am swapping injectors and I want to pull fuse, start car, run out fuel in lines. So not to have gas on my face.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

I don't think the fuel rail is pressurized when the car is off. Shouldn't be but what little bit is in the fuel rail.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

If you want to be cautious, once you are ready to pull the fuel rail up, but a towel over everything and grab the fuel rail through the towel, THEN pull up.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Good advice Josh, Ty
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

for larger injectors or replacing with OEM?

This has been discussed before but I am unable to recall the fuse #
    What about disconnecting the connection at the fuel pump?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

It is under the steering wheel.
    03 Audi RS6 MTM
    83 MB 300SD
    07 MB C230 - GONE, 02 Acura TL-S Supercharged - GONE

It's For larger injectors. Bosch EV14

fuel rail IS under pressure. Not a big deal, like Josh said, just wrap the line with towels and unhook.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

No schrader valve huh.....ok sounds like it's pretty easy. Interesting as I was visually inspecting injectors mated into manifold, I noticed that some had residue around them. I remember Pats thread, when he was tracking down a lean condition, he saw that some of his injectors had residue around them, swapped o rings a viola- no lean. I am actually upgrading my injectors because my set up calls for it, going to 52lbs, but now I am just curious if my lean conditions are due to leaking o-rings.

Yeah, swapped stock injectors with 520cc BoschEV14. Not to bad, just a lot of unplugging of the harness. Of course I dropped a fuel rail bolt into the depths of somewhere below.
    The only thing that thru me was the new injector has a diff groove design for e fuel rail clip. The clips hold heads into fuel rail. The only way I was able to properly orient the injector was to bend what were prongs welded to each injector location, stock injectors had a notch that lined up injector correctly. The EV did not. The metal was soft enough to bend. I did not take step by step pics, sorry.

Good work Stephen, keep us posted on the results.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

thank you sir...proof will be tonight when i re pressurize system, it was late lastnight and I did not want to find a gremlin, hopefully all is well...btw some of my stock injectors o rings looked like they were leaking slightly...

Did you fish the bolt out of the depths?

no, I think I heard it hit the belly pan on 3rd bounce...it was getting late, and I had a very early meeting, so I will buy a small 10mm head fine thread bolt, just in case and get under her and maybe get lucky.
    that doesnt sound right...

Maybe not, but who are we to question the love shared between a man and his car...

Psssssssss, damn fuel spray. Started her up, a little rough idle, assumed bigger injector and not tuned for it. Idled 20 minutes, no issues, drove her for a couple of miles, gingerly, nada. Stop car at store and suddenly very bad idle, stalling. Start her same thing, fuel smell, damn! Towed away to my buddy John, at JA Auto..simple isn't simple.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Psssssssss, damn fuel spray. Started her up, a little rough idle, assumed bigger injector and not tuned for it. Idled 20 minutes, no issues, drove her for a couple of miles, gingerly, nada. Stop car at store and suddenly very bad idle, stalling. Start her same thing, fuel smell, damn! Towed away to my buddy John, at JA Auto..simple isn't simple.
    Sounds like you need an adjustment in your tune for the bigger injectors at startup......
    2013 Audi S8

that is the plan, but i figured i would do the injector swap myself, I have done it in the past on less complicated cars. I have 3 hour dyno tune scheduled for thursday. would the ecu's ina bility to manage the injectors cause a pressure build? I thought maybe i pinched an o ring on install...it is funny, because i did let it idle for at least 20 minutes before I drove her...no leaks