Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fitment issues with Milltek catback and Stratmosphere is MIA

Ok Ok, you guys with Milltek downpipes, how was the install on those? Mine are on the way from Unit 20 and you guys have me wondering now. I heard from a lister there were some fitment issues with the Labree downpipes so that was the clincher for me to go with the Milltek's. SORRY, Partial thread Jack.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Hahn, from what I've read, the fitment issues lie with the catback. The downpipes are fine.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Perhaps this fitment issue was NEVER brought up was because the car owner is installing himself, not a shop that is "use to it"...

I am willing to bet that Milltek will say "There is no fitment issue with our systems, your car is crooked or you added something to block fitment"... Anyone willing to take that BET????
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Having some fitment issues with the Milltek LS muffler assembly. The muffler can tilts up too much and the tip points up as it exits the bumper outlet.

Trying to contact Bob at Stratmosphere with no luck. Left a message with staff last week and nothing. Sent a detailed email with pictures of the problem and nothing? That was 1 week ago.

What gives at Stratmosphere? Is this expected service after the sale?

Sorry to hear about the fitment issues Dave. I have a Milltek Catback system on the Allroad and a Full Catless Milltek system (Downpipes and Exhaust system) on the RS with no Fitment issues at all. As a matter of fact I watched as the systems were installed and everything went on with out a hitch. Milltek is one of the leading Exhaust system manufactures in Europe and I have never heard of any one complain about fitment issues. Any way I hope they'll do the right thing and resolve your situation.......
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

I should have known you were going to DIY this and told you about the customization I saw on the setup I had. It was perfect but it was fabbed that way. Very few exhausts come out the box anymore and dont need some massaging to get them to fit perfect. This can be rectified using a custom fabricator, one who can mock it up and show you exactly where the metal needs to be worked to get a perfect fit. Sorry buddy but you may have to get alittle help this time. Stratoshpere and Miltek are not going to say the exhaust has fitment issues, that will cost them to many customers, but they should atleast return your calls. Thats just rude.

Sorry to hear about all the issues Dave. Bob at stratmosphere has always done me right and responded promptly. I hope and trust you all can get it worked out. Mine never fit 100%. However; I assumed it was probably due to the installers I used and the cosmetics were not a top priority. In fact, my installers even hacked up the adjustable bar to some degree. To some degree, I just let it go as I got tired of trying to get the tips lined up just right. However; they still sound great and I enjoy hearing the growl. At 150K miles, my car has a lot of cosmetic issues unlike your pristine example and I certainly understand why you want and should expect them to fit correctly. As stated above, Stratmosphere needs to respond to your calls in a timely fashion. I wish you the best of luck getting it worked out as I know you will!
    210K miles rolled

Dave, originally I had an Audi mechanic friend of mine do install and I helped. Everything lined up. It was a little PIA to get back end to sit right. We welded when I did engine swap, only because I continued to have an exhaust leak where the cat met the milltek.
    I would of def warned you if they were crap. I think they are excellent exhausts. I have had 2 diff sets. Your situation is wrong for 2 reasons, 1 bob should he on phone immediately, no question. 2 if the LS muffler is welded improperly, the they should replace ASAP. At least bobs guys should look over every set they ship. That is quality control. I had become somewhat associated with bob. I will call him now and try help out.
    Stephen
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Dave, 5:25 left vm, shop closed, if no return call by lunch, I will pepper the shop with constant calls.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

^+1- I'll be happy to add myself to calls into Bob if that would help. Just let me know and I'll light up his email and phone from his old friend Max that has sent a few $$$ his way previously.
    210K miles rolled

I wish that were a choice here in bumble AZ

In all my years of modding and custom exhausts....this has to be the worst fitting exhaust ever. Haha, and its the most expensive.

HKS exhaust systems for all my Supra's and Celica turbo. Fit perfect. Hell, I even ordered a one off HKS racing 85mm dual path setup for my Supra straight from Japan. Fit perfect.
    TRD full stainless system for my Supra TT. Fit perfect.
    Custom turboback 3in setup for my Celica alltrac from Australia. What was that name? hmmm oh hell it fit perfect.
    Cobb tuning full turbo back setup for my STI. Fit perfect.
    See I am going to have to disagree with you here.

MK3 HKS Turbo back exhaust - did not fit. Had to modify bolt flange holes to line up right. When bolted down pushed exhaust into body. Was welded at a hair wrong angle
    Mazda Speed3 ATP downpipe - did not fit. Was too short in one section and caused cat back to pull into rear subframe
    STI Cobb Header - did not fit. Did not clear front cross member
    STI Invidia Turbo back - did not fit. Hangers welded in wrong angles and hit body.
    GTO magnaflow catback - did not fit great. Pipes were too long and had to be cut down
    B5 S4 AWE catback dual - did not fit. Had to bend pipes apart to line up to to downpipes, otherwise forced exhaust into diff mount.

I dont think honestly any exhaust company can make anything perfectly

And if you ask (since I have a milltek exhaust) if you look at there picture on there website, looks identical of what you are talking about. Left muffler is angled, right muffler is flat
    Attachment 11723

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I am willing to bet that Milltek will say "There is no fitment issue with our systems, your car is crooked or you added something to block fitment"... Anyone willing to take that BET????
    Hahaha, I have actually had both Milltek and B&B say this about exhaust they built.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    ^+1- I'll be happy to add myself to calls into Bob if that would help. Just let me know and I'll light up his email and phone from his old friend Max that has sent a few $$$ his way previously.
    some of us have the ability to email repeatedly but there is ALWAYS a path back to the origin...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

You may have the luxury of fitting those systems in a shop setting but I would like to think my own good fortune was the result of proper selection. As for the Milltek picture I think the tips look equal. Mine is way worse.

Quote Originally Posted by yokust View Post
    See I am going to have to disagree with you here.

MK3 HKS Turbo back exhaust - did not fit. Had to modify bolt flange holes to line up right. When bolted down pushed exhaust into body. Was welded at a hair wrong angle
    Mazda Speed3 ATP downpipe - did not fit. Was too short in one section and caused cat back to pull into rear subframe
    STI Cobb Header - did not fit. Did not clear front cross member
    STI Invidia Turbo back - did not fit. Hangers welded in wrong angles and hit body.
    GTO magnaflow catback - did not fit great. Pipes were too long and had to be cut down
    B5 S4 AWE catback dual - did not fit. Had to bend pipes apart to line up to to downpipes, otherwise forced exhaust into diff mount.

I dont think honestly any exhaust company can make anything perfectly

And if you ask (since I have a milltek exhaust) if you look at there picture on there website, looks identical of what you are talking about. Left muffler is angled, right muffler is flat
    Attachment 11723

You may have the luxury of fitting those systems in a shop setting but I would like to think my own good fortune was the result of proper selection. As for the Milltek picture I think the tips look equal. Mine is way worse.
    If you mean shop setting as in my driveway, then yes.

Dave I spoke with Bob. He said he has contacted you via email(as of yesterday). He has a call into head of product develpment at Milltek, he said if its a manufacteurs defect, it will be replaced. I told him, that given the business I and many other members here have done, I would hope this gets fixed in a reasonable amount of time. He agreed and was emphatic that it will be rectified.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    some of us have the ability to email repeatedly but there is ALWAYS a path back to the origin...
    LOL- Not necesarily trackable if one has access to open systems. Just one example- The message may be tracked back to the originating system. Buuuutttt- not always able to track back to the "user" that was utilizing such system at a specific point in time due to poor security and physical controls as I know you are aware.
    210K miles rolled

Yeah, did finally get a email after a week of nothing. If a defect? Its ok to design a system that fits different L to R, one tip points straight the other up in the air? What happened to quality control? Its not like we get a penny of discount on this premium priced unit. If that's the Q/C then help us.

Also funny that Milltek runs all warranty thru dealers but dealers have no say in the matter. He said, he said. That's great

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Dave I spoke with Bob. He said he has contacted you via email(as of yesterday). He has a call into head of product develpment at Milltek, he said if its a manufacteurs defect, it will be replaced. I told him, that given the business I and many other members here have done, I would hope this gets fixed in a reasonable amount of time. He agreed and was emphatic that it will be rectified.

Last time I checked, milltek site didn't qualify buyers to need band saws and tig welders to refit this exhaust