Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I find this SO disturbing, I have to share..

I find this SO disturbing, I have to share..

I read this thread a couple of days ago and I find it so repugnant, I'm still kind of haunted by it.

145 MPH M5 Street Race w/ YOUNG KIDS in Backseat

Maybe that guy should get a job a a baby sitter .

What the hell is he doing going that fast with KIDS in the car? I can read the headline now"dumba*# dad kills family being a moron". I only read a few lines down on the thread and one guy said your family was in the car "YOUR DA MA"?????? How dumd are some of these guys?

Like I have said before.....I feel it is ok to endanger my life if I am not endangering anyone else, its my choice as long as nobody else is involved.

Hey, I just thought of something maybe I will go report that guy(using the report to moderator feature) as a JACKA*# to Gustav and tell him that people like arnt helping the image of M5 owners.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Wow...DDB540 (he's a pretty cool guy actually - from my E39 days) has a great point. I have a son now and if he told me someone drove him like that, I'd be in jail from kicking his @ss or worse.

I can understand his answer as I often feel like I'm in total control of the BEAST and think "oh don't worry I wouldn't have wrecked"...but damn he had his kids. My wife starts yelling the second I go over 80MPH with her...thus the reason I like driving alone

I hope this guy realizes the danger he put his family in.

Did I mention this guy is a @ss for doing that? Geez! I agree with Baur, as I'm no saint now but I never ever do that with people in the car...at worst I bursted to 95ish and slowed down when I had my S4 buddy in the car. Although he's a speed freak, I'm not comfortable doing that with anyone in the car.

BTW, that M3 story was so sad.

Hmm, racing with family on board = too far up your own @ss to consider your children/wife IMHO.

There's a fine line between playing racing where nobody is really pushing it and somebody backs down good & early before it gets silly, and racing seriously where somebody risks making a mistake and killing themselves, or others. I've been known to let far inferior cars pass me rather than have them kill themselves trying to keep up beyond thier/their car's capabilities.

I have driven at high speed with passengers (4 passengers in the S8, giving a demo), but they were egging me on & it was at about 1am with a completely empty dual carriageway with 5-ton armaco barriers down both sides and I hadn't had a drop of drink all day despite being told "one or two won't hurt" by my compatriots.

There's a time & a place where it's low enough risk, and plenty of times where it's too risky - the trick is knowing which is which.
    +=====================================+
    ChrisB aka TheBrit, as named by Clout & SantorinSteve over on AW.

Now
    +-------
    Daytona Grey C6 RS 6 Avant
    Meteor Grey S5 Tip

History
    +-------
    Lava Grey C6 allroad 3.0 TDI
    Daytona Grey D3 S8 (twice)
    Ebony Black D3 W12 SWB
    Ebony Black C5 allroad 2.5 TDI Tip Limited Edition
    Silver A2 1.6 FSI SE
    Silver C5 A6 Avant 2.7T Sport
    Volcano Black B5 A4 2.8 qm Sport

moron

I guess Audi drivers are the smartest of the lot too.

Originally posted by AvusRS6
    Wow...DDB540 (he's a pretty cool guy actually - from my E39 days) has a great point.

I hope this guy realizes the danger he put his family in.
    I agree!

I don't understand what *G* is doing, un-politically correct? Definitely. Just because DDB540 is part of the minority, which is against the majority he blocks them out. Arse-hole.

I forgotten the term used for it but here's an example:

The Iraqi war on terrorism. Just as an example. When the US went to war and you disagreed with it, you'll get stereotyped, flamed, etc etc, for speaking your opinion, which is allowed in the US under some Human Rights thing. (Believe it or not I do Politics. lol) and for those who agreed, you get let off the hook and are part of the *good* people who are loved and liked.

I really have forgotten the term for this kind of social behaviour, either way it's not good and it's not liked. Remember Hitler?

Klint, you would not get the stereotyoe, unless you happen to be a French ....... than again, there was some substance to it.

And yes, I remember Hitler - after all I am from one of the coutries with first hand experience. There is no compare ...

Errr....

What's with the stereotype about being French and the Iraq stinking mess ?

Eric

Come on guys....lets not start any battling, there is enough of that going on over at the BMWM5 board. That thread is getting very heated over there, as I suspected it would.

I tell ya wong wrong thread started and it's "in this corner weighing in at 195 lbs from the south of spain......"
    Bauer

01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Originally posted by Klint
    Remember Hitler?
    And do we all remember how Hitler was stopped.

It wasn't through Peace negotiations.

For people who say War doesn't solve anything......

.....well it sure solved the first 2 World Wars. :bang:

Oh yeah ?

Well get the popcorn and watch on CNN how that messy baby Nam is going to end with those warmongering Rumsfeld "Bring them in !" ignorant clones who decided to invade a country far far away against the will of most nations and now are begging for "please send reinforcements 'cause we're losing two soldiers a day from people we just liberated, it's so unfair".

WMD B-S that young and candid US/UK privates are now paying with their lives.

And please don't bring up Hitler and the Shoah to justify the Iraq mess, this is way out of line with the petty cynical motives behind it.

Eric
    Last edited by taipan; October 8th, 2003 at 21:30.

lets not start this because it will only get ugly from here.....and I really don't want turn THIS CAR forum into a political debate. If you want to banter back and forth take it to off topic please, I get enough politcal views in my daily life and I don't need it where I look for entertainment. Sorry to be so harsh but thats just the way I feel.
    Bauer

01 S8

Whoa...

Originally posted by Bauer
    lets not start this because it will only get ugly from here.....and I really don't want turn THIS CAR forum into a political debate. If you want to banter back and forth take it to off topic please
    Yeah, what he said.

My original intention on starting this thread was to merely point out an unconscionable--at least in my mind-- street race.

Bla bla bla bla!!!

This is just a lot of BS....

For what the hell do you buy a RS6, M5, E55AMG etc??
    To drive it fast and alone? If that was the point you could get a Modena or a M3 ....

Dont be stupid about the risk part....you all know that curent cars dont "blow" on you just like that!

The only problem here that I see is the example from father to sun...he will end up like his dad

Just like me....my dad raced guys on his M5 for a lot of years and I was only 8 by then....I remeber some F355 having some probs on the Marbelha highway when my dad hited 280 with the beast...

This is how things work....
    Artur Costa

Alriiiiiiiiigthy then

Originally posted by Artur Costa
    Bla bla bla bla!!!

This is just a lot of BS....

For what the hell do you buy a RS6, M5, E55AMG etc??
    To drive it fast and alone? If that was the point you could get a Modena or a M3 ....

Dont be stupid about the risk part....you all know that curent cars dont "blow" on you just like that!

The only problem here that I see is the example from father to sun...he will end up like his dad

Just like me....my dad raced guys on his M5 for a lot of years and I was only 8 by then....I remeber some F355 having some probs on the Marbelha highway when my dad hited 280 with the beast...

This is how things work....
    The beauty of your post is I don't have to waste my time rebutting it; it's inanity is self-evident.

However, I will cut you a little slack for being young and probably not having kids of your own.

humm
    Lets make thing simple...
    When you are driving a RS6 M5.... at high speeds(over 200Km/h) do you feel like you are in danger?
    I will let my kids do the same things I did that I did not felt in danger!

I have my license for 1 year now and I already done 30.000Kms with my car and other cars , including the M5, and my dad always sad " do not get over 140km/h you donīt have experince" !
    He knows I go to work in my car and do a constant speed of 170Km/h in my car...he does not like it but he knows that Im not in danger...

Making things clearer : street racing is a big danger....speeding? I dont believe they are the same thing!
    Artur Costa

Mr. Costa,

As I said, you're young.

(signing off on this thread, feel free to have the last word.)