Thread: In the interest of science...the duck foot rat lives

In the interest of science...the duck foot rat lives

So, I have lots of goodies on the beast, mated to what I am told is a custom level10 trans/TQ able to handle 800hp.
    NA1MT, Ron, showed me a great road yesterday, straight, smooth and a little over half mile, deserted(this is a feat in NJ).
    So today driving about spirited, I decide to experiment the launch.
    1st attempt, lame. 2nd better, 3rd whoa! I did NOT have my race logic on, I know Ben, I know...I have never felt my car explode like that, my tires were warm, and no spin, I can't say 0-60 but it was the fastest my car has ever traveled, 60 was in instant. Gross factor, my dip cup shot straight back, slime all over my center console under area.

So science, I plan on heading back, an attempting successive launches with race logic running to record, hopefully a bunch by wednsday. And I will post. So, I'm very interested how many of these my "bullet proof" trans will handle.
    Why not?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

oh jeez...i didn't know you dipped...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

One of our cats puked on the front passenger side floor mat on the way back from evac from irene. That s#!t was nasty...still cleaning it out of carpet...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Eww, yup gave up the sticks, now dip luv it....
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    ...So, I'm very interested how many of these my "bullet proof" trans will handle. Why not?
    I like the way ya think..;0 Someone's gotta keep the economy clunkin along. I look forward to your results after you clean up..

Edit:
    I need to pull some logs myself. I was somewhere cruising about 80- decided to give it a romp. Shot up to about 150 w/out issue and then "oooof" into limp mode for a few. Then the car began acting normally again at relatively reasonable speeds (under 130). It is kind of hard to trouble shoot items that occur around the 150 mark without finding myself in a small room with lonely felons..
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    One of our cats puked on the front passenger side floor mat on the way back from evac from irene. That s#!t was nasty...still cleaning it out of carpet...
    That cat's tail would be tied to a wild bobcat's tail and tossed up on a clothes line so they could get to know each other.
    210K miles rolled

ok, how much throttle were you giving it with the brake down, to get the engine to spool to 2500rpm? I can't get past 2000, but then, I'm being a pussy with the throttle. Damned "mechanical sympathy" is getting in the way of my driving!

Note: maybe I'm just dumb, but do not experiment with launches with your Better Half in the car.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

I got it down to where I could consistently hit 60 in 4.0-ish Kept trying to get it down to a 3.9 just for bragging rights. Then my trans completely ate shit... Now duck foot rat launches are saved for rare occasions when they're needed

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    ok, how much throttle were you giving it with the brake down, to get the engine to spool to 2500rpm? I can't get past 2000, but then, I'm being a pussy with the throttle. Damned "mechanical sympathy" is getting in the way of my driving!

Note: maybe I'm just dumb, but do not experiment with launches with your Better Half in the car.
    The 3rd time was 2300, 2500, 2500 release....rocket launch. Amazing, it made my V feel slow.....not sure but my turbos are dahlback, I think turbine and comprss wheels are both 5mm bigger.

I'm really tempted to give it a whirl myself but I want to make sure I get it captured - so I can try to relive it, if only by video. Do you (or a lucky friend/copilot) have an Android phone? I downloaded this and it looks great, TONS of information and looks pretty amazing overall. There may be an iphone version or something similar too: https://market.android.com/details?i...corderhd&hl=en A lap recorder HD in the android market if it doesn't work
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Greg,
    That is very cool....I do have the race logic box, which has its own GPS signal, so very accurate for 0-60 times. 1/4 etc.,
    Best
    Stephen

Its odd, I have had my beast for 13 months, put alot of $ into her to make her fast? I mean, what exactly am I going to do with all my power?...Take Randy's route and trach her at least(eventually, 3 young kids dampen that dream for now)...sooo why not test her abilities safely? I hinestly never got the technique right, but only attempted once before. Pure sex when its right.

are you giving it half throttle when you've got the brake down? Full throttle??
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

no, more then 1/2 , between 1/2-3/4, silly I know, I have attempted in past, its finesse...I was lucky. But, I did try 3 times in a row, and I know corey(pallette) told me to try 3-4 times in row, then the ecu learns this????

I know corey(pallette) told me to try 3-4 times in row, then the ecu learns this????

hmmmmm....i wonder if the APR chip can be trained...

I can routinely pull 4.2 0-60 times by just putting in "S" mode, hold the brake momentarily, slowly roll on throttle releasing the brake when the RPM go slightly over 2K- then just rolling into the throttle as it launches. The times are being produced by Vag-Com and should be relatively accurate. I assume it might go a bit lower with more aggressive launches. It also helps to find a downhill incline-LOL
    210K miles rolled

I am heading over tonight, I hope....I will set up the Vbox and record....very interested to see what i pull.

speedtrapped: name of road and area this is taking place?.......not trying to crash your party, but I would love a quite piece of pavement to stretch my legs.......pm me if you don't wanna post it.

PMed...its in neptune