Thread: Brake Caliper lines

Brake Caliper lines

I just noticed the line to the bottom of my driver's side brake is bent and is riding very close to the disc. It has a slight crimp in it.

Audi has told me they need to replace the caliper for just north of $1k.

Can't I just buy a new line or get one made?

Thanks.

assuming you still have stock lines, they should be replaced with ss braided lines, ECS carries them. cheaper then having caliper.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

USP Motorsport also has them - great guys to work with as well.
    APR ECU|KW3's, H-sports & 034 Arms|Wagner& Venair|Labree DP's w/ Cat deletes|USP custom exhaust w/ Miltek tips|VMR's & 265 RE011's|SEAT Cupra fr. spoiler|Full black optic & mirrors|RSN-E|RS6+ pedals|Clear-cornered|smoked tails/sides|S6 door blades|9500i

I assume he's talking about the "U" shaped steel line that connects the inner and outer banks of the caliper...It won't be available individually, you'll have to have one made...
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

has the U .....

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    has the U .....
    I'm positive he's talking about THE "U"SHAPED CONNECTOR LINE CIRCLED IN YELLOW....
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

ahh, yup...ur right, custom, but a brake should be able to make...they carry the lengths and fittings at napa....good call Pat

Sounds like he is talking about the hard line that goes between the inside and outside halves. I just checked etka, and unfortunately it doesn't break down the caliper that far. Looks like you are stuck getting a new caliper. Some people on here might have a spare for less than dealer prices...

Part number if you need it:

4b3615107-left

4b3615108-right
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I bought the calipers off Speedtrapped's donor car and one of the lines was bent and crimped too. Just take it to any shop that has the tools and know how to bend a line. They can custom make you a new one.

thanks

It is the "U" between the caliper sides. Thanks for the info and I'll probably go ahead and do the SS lines at the same time. I got the vacuum bleeder and fluid from ECS already, so I just need to order the lines and have that piece made for me.

Thanks again,

Shea

So I ordered new lines from USP and they look shorter than the stock lines for the rear - they also say on the bag that they are for the RS4 - I sent a note and they said they were the same???

thoughts - have not gotten busy with replacement yet and I do not want to get into it and find out this is not correct.

Hmmm.... they installed mine so I can't speak to the install sorry !

E
    APR ECU|KW3's, H-sports & 034 Arms|Wagner& Venair|Labree DP's w/ Cat deletes|USP custom exhaust w/ Miltek tips|VMR's & 265 RE011's|SEAT Cupra fr. spoiler|Full black optic & mirrors|RSN-E|RS6+ pedals|Clear-cornered|smoked tails/sides|S6 door blades|9500i

nothing else

how do you do?