Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Throwing out this feeler for you boost addicts

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    The email I got saying that you posted on this thread was like three pages of gibberish.
    Allow me to enlighten ya, sorry for the length:
    LOL- That is a little wordy...
    210K miles rolled

So I would love to see the results - but I am on Dave's thinking here - you are going to end up with something that sort of looks like an RS6, but is really a custom car - I owned a 280Z with 450HP at the crank from the original block 2.8L engine. Everything was modified on the car. I would almost think that starting with an S6 and going forward from that would make more sense. The issues from transmission, drive axles, differentials all make this seem like a huge undertaking. And COOLING.... maybe if you only drive it in the winter in NJ??

15 to 18K would not even get this party started in my opinion. I would guess $50K+ to get a reliable crank 1000HP with 700+ at the wheels. And that is with maintaining some level of comfort and driveability (A/C still works - car can be driven on city streets - passess emissions test etc.)

well, I agree that budgets are never what they seem. But, its been done in Europe, MRC has made some monster C5 RS6's, 1000hp, no, but close and not even touching bottom end, as for cooling, I would love to hear feedback from anyone across the pond, who is familiar with thier work... a sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M-37ED5oMY
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Ok.....spoke with Level 10 today. They are confident that they can build the transmission to hold the power. Price was less than I thought...they quoted between $5-6k. Complete motor build $10k. Turbo components $6k. Initially I did not include the transmission cost because I had no idea if they could even do it. So I'm gonna say all in with any incidentals would be between $25-30k for a daily driveable completely insane beast. This will be a lengthy build...my first order of business is to locate a salvage title C5 A6 4.2 that can be dropped off at turbo shop for fitment. When completed, the idea is to market the turbo system as a bolt on upgrade that will have the flexibility to work with stock components as well as completely built platforms for the true boost junky...lol.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

You might be able to find a salvage rs6 with rear end damage to use for cheap...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

That would be ideal but not likely....let me know if you come across one.....I'm in no big rush.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

There have been some recently...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth