Thread: A5/S5 facelift models revealed

Pure class.... Simply Stunning... Just when you think Audi cant do any better they do THIS.... GO AUDI.......

What a sexy looking car especially the S5 Coupe & Cab...

It makes the the new 3 Series look like S**T an the C class looks DATED BADLY.... An that includes the M3 - C63 AMG

This has to be my new every day car... I cant wait to go to Frankfurt Motor show to see it in the flesh...

The only thing i wonder is how the RS5 will be affected...? Will they release a new one...?

An does anyone know if the power figures are the same as the old car or they up a bit as the S5 could do with about 30/40 hp an a bit more Torque to really round it off....
    Previous cars.... Golf GTi- A4 1.8Tq- S3- S4-V8- M3-V6- TT 3.2q 08'- A4 Cab 2.0T q- A5 3.0TDi q

I guess I need to get use to this new look... Don't feel it as the pre-FL version. Also - big disappointment, no updated 2.0tfsi but instead detuned 3.0tfsi.

not bad. though the increased angularity of the front is beginning to look at odds with the curvaceousness of the sheetmetal. the next gen will prob be much more slabsided and angular. i'd like to see the interior and what is under the hood.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    not bad. though the increased angularity of the front is beginning to look at odds with the curvaceousness of the sheetmetal. the next gen will prob be much more slabsided and angular. i'd like to see the interior and what is under the hood.
    You nailed it. As you said, it misses some razor sharp surface cuts (as in beautiful A3 Sportback Concept) to better correspond to the new front. Although still nice, they should've left the shape of headlights alone and play with inner graphics as I originally predicted... But what do we know!

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    I guess I need to get use to this new look... Don't feel it as the pre-FL version. Also - big disappointment, no updated 2.0tfsi but instead detuned 3.0tfsi.
    good way to put it- instead of updating the 2.0T and meeting in the middle of 211 and 270 hp with a 240 hp update to make everybody happy marketing decided that there is enough of an economic spread among buyers to begin offering two main engines in the A4/5 line again. my gut feeling is that they should have left their philosphy alone as the economy hasn't bounced back (far from it). interestingly i see there is nothing about an 8 speed auto tranny any more.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

8-speed will come to ur shores, I guess.

This car begs for a 2.5 TFSI. Or a downtunded version with 300 hp, or a Quattro-concept based lightweight version with a shorter wheel-base.
    Please Audi, make my dream come true

It looks nice , what about interior?

Can't wait for RS5.

Kiond Regards

I think there is no need for a 2.0T update. Why would it be necessary? As we discussed a few times earlier, you can get almost as many hp from a turbo engine as you want, but especialy, these 20-25hp upgrades are good for nothing, maybe some marketing purposes, but i think it's a better way to keep it real instead of throwing ridiculous numbers like on the consumption. De-tuned 3.0TFSI is for replacing N/A 3.2 FSI with something forced industion. I think if they would choose the 300hp 2.5TFSI like in Q3, it would easily beat S5 which is obviously not a good thing. What i thought to be here is the TTS engine instead of the 272hp 3.0L along with the 211hp 2.0L, but maybe it is too early for that aggresive down-sizing.

Regards,

Tom
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Quote Originally Posted by Toto89 View Post
    . De-tuned 3.0TFSI is for replacing N/A 3.2 FSI with something forced industion. I think if they would choose the 300hp 2.5TFSI like in Q3, it would easily beat S5 which is obviously not a good thing. What i thought to be here is the TTS engine instead of the 272hp 3.0L along with the 211hp 2.0L, but maybe it is too early for that aggresive down-sizing.

Regards,

Tom
    That's exactly why I say they should've launched the 2.5TFSI in this car, the fact that you claim it would easily beat the S5 proves why that choosing the 2.5 over the downtuned 3.0 is the better choice in the first place. Isn't it a bit stupid that one has between the S5 or a a 300 hp downtuned engine of the same car without the badges and different suspention. Offering a 2.5 TFSI with 300 hp under the S5 would make the engine range more balanced.

But not until the S5 is powered by a 3.0 V6. I imagine testing of a new engine like the 2.5 TFSI in a platform requires many hours of test drive and costs a lot, but they've already had the 3.0 in S5 cabriolet and S4 so it was much easier to fit, and with that, the five cylinder became a thing for the future. Ok, they've already installed it in the Quattro concept and lightweight RS5 concept which is the same platform, but i think this way was more logical and easy for them, especialy if you see the competitors, no real threat.
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

The more I think about this the more disappointed I get not only about this FL but about Audi in general. These half-hearted product developments, engine updates/introductions, design directions - are starting really to get on my nerves, and I am slowly realizing that only manufacturer that never makes such mistakes and is always at the highest level of engineering with each product, even though design wise are sometimes not the bravest, is Porsche. All respect to them. Audi - sorry but you are losing my respect... Or should I say - interest...

Hahaha. Has anyone seen this?!

It's gonna look even more terrible than A5 FL! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!! They keep ruining perfectly designed cars for something without any character and theme!
    Audi - what is wrong with you guys?!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rs-6 View Post
    This car begs for a 2.5 TFSI. Or a downtunded version with 300 hp, or a Quattro-concept based lightweight version with a shorter wheel-base.
    Please Audi, make my dream come true
    There is a 2.5T "mule" but it's obviously not ready and the engine looks like a tight fit. Besides the V6 is probably the smoother option which makes more sense in the A5. Because it's just a numbers game Audi should have just said that the S5 3.0T makes 355 or 360 horsepower and thus place it above the S4.

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_6686.shtml

Pics from other forums.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0773..jpg 
Views:	1704 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	11708

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0772..jpg 
Views:	1657 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	11709