Thread: FS: RS6 :: Avus Silver/Ebony Black; 60K miles, SE exhaust, RNS-E w/bluetooth, sirius

FS: RS6 :: Avus Silver/Ebony Black; 60K miles, SE exhaust, RNS-E w/bluetooth, sirius

I've been pretty much a lurker here since I don't really have too much time on my hands to really participate. However, I'm definitely not new to the Audi(world) as I've been passionate about Audis since the 90s. I've owned so many Audis (Coupe Quattro, B5 A4, B5 S4, B6 S4 Cab, C5 A6 4.2 and D3 A8L). It's only been recently which I have decided to part with my RS6. Long story but my wife has been driving the RS6 for the past three years. It wasn't until February where a second child required us to get a larger vehicle. I intended on keeping the RS6 just for its rarity but I already own a daily plus a company car. So, whereas a part of me says "don't do it", I certainly do not want to see the car just sit.

History: I'm the second owner. I purchased the car in May 2007. It just ticked over 60K miles. All required service was performed (25K, 35K, 45K and 55K). DRC recall was performed as well. New rear brake rotors recently installed. No mechanical or electrical issues. There are some cosmetic issues: Front lip has a crack in it. Found out that it had been repaired previously. Small dent in rear right fender (wife project #1). Wheels have curb rash (wife project #2)Other than that, the RS6 is awesome and in excellent condition.

Upgrades:
    RNSE with bluetooth & Sirius (lifetime)
    Sound Enhancing Sport Exhaust - it did not come with it so I bought it brand new from the dealer and had it added on

Exterior: Avus Silver
    Interior: Ebony Black w/ Carbon Fiber

IMG_6043

I am asking $25.5K. I'm located in Northern NJ.

I've posted some pics:

Interior: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4550879...7627013971502/
    Exterior: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4550879...7627013993256/

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Jee

Very interested with this car! I'm located in Trenton. Where in NJ are you?

Would you be attested to me bringing in my own VAG-COM to run a few tests? If you are curious as to what the tests are, refer to my Buyer's Guide thread. Thanks!
    2003 Brilliant Black TT 225 - APR 93-Octane Flash, FMIC, Bilstein PSS, Borla Cat-Back w/ 42DD DP and Testpipe/Hi-Flo Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Mattionals View Post
    Very interested with this car! I'm located in Trenton. Where in NJ are you?

Would you be attested to me bringing in my own VAG-COM to run a few tests? If you are curious as to what the tests are, refer to my Buyer's Guide thread. Thanks!
    No problem with bringing a VAG-COM. Sent ya a PM.

I'm shocked at how poorly the RS6 has held it's value, especially given that it's now almost a cult-status car. It's a SUPERB car in almost every way, but resale makes me think twice about buying another expensive Audi. OTOH, neither AMG nor M-Sport products fare much better, either, I suppose.

My car has almost the same mileage, but I've done a bit more to it mod-wise. It's also fully serviced and has the DRC replacement. I've got an extended warranty on it through 2013, too. Just sad, though, if we can't get more than $25.5K for them. The buyer's getting a great piece of kit at that price.

GLWS, but I hope you raise your price!

CW

CW....just imagine what the original owner of my 2005 cl65 amg must think, $190k new...I bought it with 39k miles, excellent condition, 2014 bumper to bumper, $45k!, and I ma selling likely get $41k( long story), sorry for the thread jack.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Nice looking rs6
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

I actually think that values have leveled off finally. I am starting to see a lot of cars stuck in the mid to low twenties. This is a good sign. If you looked at the depreciation curve and extrapolated from a couple years back, this car would be in the teens, just like the E39 M5's. I think it is the CULT status and scarcity that has kept it in the twenties. That being said, this looks like a REALLY nice car, and should have started at about 28K in my opinion. It is easy to go down, not so easy to come up....

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencl View Post
    I actually think that values have leveled off finally. I am starting to see a lot of cars stuck in the mid to low twenties. This is a good sign. If you looked at the depreciation curve and extrapolated from a couple years back, this car would be in the teens, just like the E39 M5's. I think it is the CULT status and scarcity that has kept it in the twenties. That being said, this looks like a REALLY nice car, and should have started at about 28K in my opinion. It is easy to go down, not so easy to come up....

Stephen
    Stephen,

I looked at the other cars in the market and while I could have asked for more, I think the realistic value is set in the mid-20s because I've committed to selling it. Now, remember, this is more of an RS6.com special. I figured that the presence here would know to appreciate the value of the car than the autotrader/cars.com/ebay people who may just be looking to get into an RS6. The latter folks may not know what the heck an RSN-E is or that the Sound Enhancing Exhaust is quite nice to have! The cult status does remain here and hence why I really debated on pulling out the RNS-E and exhaust and asking the same 25.5K. But I wouldn't want an RS6.com owner to be without those items because likely, IMHO, they would likely put those two items on the top of their upgrade list. I could likely have asked the upper 20s with the additional items but I really wanted to have the buyer appreciate the car. Maybe in a week or two, I may place it in other areas since I'm sure I'm not reaching out to every potential RS6 owner but I feel I want to reach out to the correct audience first before going "public". And trust me, if it goes public, it will push higher numbers for sure since I want to keep values in line with other offerings. But for now, let's say, that it's not really the money factor but knowing that I have made someone feel good about owning this car - and sometimes, the price has to justify that. So, I agree, the car is absolutely worth more - hence why I couldn't get myself to sell it once we got the wifey a new SUV. I have my ties in the car industry and I've not driven a vehicle yet which has the charisma that the RS6 possesses. I've had a tough time debating on selling it so PLEASE don't change my mind now.! LOL

And thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

BTW, I also have the RNS-E and an upgraded exhaust (Eisenmann). It seems I agree with your thoughts on mods. Maybe we're Doppelgangers?

Again, GLWS,

CW

Had I waited 2 more weeks I would have jumped on this in a heartbeat. More than what I ended up spending but I still need the 95k service done along with a few things (front end click - seems more like over tightened bushings since its not all the time, fixing the solar sunroof too)

GL with sale - if you want cash and an RS6 (black/black/CF/warm weather/SE-exh/stock nav/window tint) in trade let me know I like the silver over the black anyway
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Registered User DetailersDomain's Avatar
    looks great!

can I ask if you have done the timing belt, how is the trans any slipping yet?
    Phil Yiu
    Detailer's Domain
    e-mail: phil@detailersdomain.com

Phil, you jumping back in?

Registered User DetailersDomain's Avatar
    not sure there are so many cool cars out there...I want a project car but not like what your doing...
    Phil Yiu
    Detailer's Domain
    e-mail: phil@detailersdomain.com

not so bad.....jump in water is warm, and when u push on the pedal.....see ya

Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
    looks great!

can I ask if you have done the timing belt, how is the trans any slipping yet?
    Major service 35K miles took care of the timing belt. No trans slippage.

Great looking car with the options your listing I don't see the car lasting long on the open market. Glws.
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

What exactly is an RSN-E? Picking up my RS6 Tuesday in California. I'll be the 3rd owner. Currently 51k miles and I paid $27.5k. Looking forward to learning a lot from the posts here on maintenance and upgrades. With only 850-860 in the states I also think you could easily raise the price but as a cars.com shopper I'm upset that I didn't see this sooner. I literally closed the day before your post.

Thanks, TGC