Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what are my stock turbos worth?

what are my stock turbos worth?

I have the 2nd engine set up now in storage. The engine has 72k miles on her. The turbos would likely need a rebuild, just curious what they are worth?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

check what they go for on audizine classifieds for 2.7t applications
    2003 RS6 - forsale

I did all prices all over the map....$1200.00 for used, non refurbed....refurbed $3k....dunno, maybe just B/O them
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

go for $1500

from genuine RS6 not off of parts shelf.

hahaha
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    I did all prices all over the map....$1200.00 for used, non refurbed....refurbed $3k....dunno, maybe just B/O them
    The problem with the "2.7T application" is that they are not direct bolt on to the manifold, so you have to send them to a place like VAST which charges about $1k to configure them to be direct bolt ons. then as you said it would be silly to throw them in a car with out having them rebuilt, and for the RS6-K04 it is at least another $1500 to $2000.

Thus it's a stick situation. Usually RS6 owners aren't looking for another set of OEM used RS6 turbos when they have their own to rebuild or upgrade to larger.

Best of luck

The rebuild I have searched was $800.00...but hell they are extra, lying around so i will list em see what happens.

The rebuild I have searched was $800.00...but hell they are extra, lying around so i will list em see what happens.
    Impressive price, mind sharing the source. I know of an individual (not shop) that will do RS4-K04's with oem chra/wheel for that price, plus hot coat the housing, but never heard of the RS6-K04 rebuild being that low.

http://classifieds.audiworld.com/sho...ct/5998/cat/17

just info i found, I guess if its really important to u, as it sounds like it is, then I guess i can call Andrew or Jason and ask them about modification.
    These are just laying around, so if u feel like commenting, do so on audizine, where i posted them.

1sadavant, RS6 turbos aren't a bolt on to the standard S4 2.7t manifold but they do bolt on to the RS4 manifold directly don't they? I would think if someone is going so far to buy RS6 Turbos for his S4 that he would be doing most of the RS4 updates.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    1sadavant, RS6 turbos aren't a bolt on to the standard S4 2.7t manifold but they do bolt on to the RS4 manifold directly don't they? I would think if someone is going so far to buy RS6 Turbos for his S4 that he would be doing most of the RS4 updates.
    I believe the RS6-K04's are not direct bolt on's for the b5 RS4 either. My rationale is that the RS4-K04's are direct bolt on to the OEM b5 S4 manifold so the RS6's would need to be modified for the manifold on even the RS4.

OEM RS4 manifolds are not an upgrade commonly seen on USDM B5 S4 model's when going stage 3. Its perfectly fine and advised to use the stock b5 s4 manifold. Even aftermarket ASP/AWE manifolds which are touted by the respective companies to provide more flow, experience cracks in the welds and are less than ideal.

Hope that helps.

1sadavant I understand that you trying to help....but I might as well see what mkt dictates since I won't be using them

1sadavant I understand that you trying to help....but I might as well see what mkt dictates since I won't be using them
    Oh by no means am I trying to interfere with your sale, just thought I would lend some info. I am sure they will sell rather quickly, considering the availability for new RS4 and RS6 turbos is rather scant.

Say no more, that is all from me.

I sold my extra set with 70k on them for $1400 shipped.

Had them listed on Audizine for $1500, they sold in about 3 days of listing them

RS6 turbos do need to be modified to make work on a 2.7

BUT that being said, they do bolt directly to manifold, its the compresser housing that needs to be cut and rewelded for the outlets. And plenty of companies sell off the shelf DP's or adaptor flanges for running RS6 turbos on a 2.7

Hmmm. lemme know if you don't sell 'em...
    2013 Audi S8

Mike they are listed, if u have an idea, lmk

Been lookin for a set to upgrade, but wasn't willing to pay much for them, as Bloiuch is close to me and wouldn't mind the minimal down time waiting....let's see how you do with these...
    2013 Audi S8

ttboost you mention Blouch. I called them just over a month ago to talk about upgrading or rebuilding my Turbos and they told me they don't do K04 Turbos anymore?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA