Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Un-drilled but anybody ever look at these Euro Phaeton floating two piece rotors?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    A bit of a learning process for me. I confirm the rotors I have are Zimmerman's. They are a floating hub and have NO Audi logo on them. The Lambo set I have here has the Audi logo on them. The set of rotors on the front of the other ride have an Audi logo on them - so both those sets are OEM replacements.
    But, do they have a part number?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

back from the dead - I'm super keen on getting non-drilled rotors. I just don't get it, and I'm unconcerned with appearance. Most of all, I hate how the holes nearly instantly clog with dust...which makes them not very good at venting, and for the purposes of scraping away dust, slots would do just fine. Plus, I'd like to be able to turn my rotors.

My RS6 is seeing a lot more use now, as it's now the daily driver. Being used as such, sticky tires that wear out after 8,000 miles, or fancy-pants rotors, I can't be bothered. I ditched my Kumhos (which barely lasted 10k miles) for a set of Pirelli all season tires...with a treadwear WARRANTY. I'm almost done installing EBC redstuff pads, and then all I need are plain rotors (although I will pay more for directional internal vanes). Then I'm tossing my H&R springs and putting the stock springs back in.

Ironically, now that I'm willing to do all the wrenching on my car...I'm trying to swap in things that aren't so much max performance but longer lived. lol.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

There was a big discussion on here a few years ago about EBC Redstuff pads. They were depositing material on the rotor when hot and leaving a warped feeling. I have used the Yellow stuff successfully and don't have a problem with the drilled holes getting clogged. I do purposely direct the hose at the holes when washing the car to get dust out of them everytime. I have used the Redstuff on my Audi TT and had issues so I swapped to Yellow Stuff on the TT with no problems.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

wish I'd know that. no price difference between redstuff and yellowstuff; I was swayed by the promise of reduced brake dust!
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

It's unfortunate the OE rotors plug up so easily- needs larger holes it seems. The gas venting surely helps with OE pads. Directionally vaned as well. Probably geared in keeping the pad cool as possible for better cold bite.

The VW rotors are 360mm vs 365mm for Audi. Not sure about the thickness difference; RS6 is 34mm. The caliper is different but both are fixed; rotor offset may be close enough to be interchangeable. If it does fit, the pads will likely become "stepped" due to the pad overhanging the rotor. Overall it's questionable, certainly not an OEM fit...

Plain rotors, if used, ought to be matched with higher temperature rated pads. EBC Yellow is a great all-around, any season in my experience. I have faded them on my car in the tight stuff in "attack mode" with OEM rotors. It's no track pad, however. EBC blue (next step up) is also viable for the street- can't speak to it's cold weather performance or dusting however.

EBC Red pads are specifically intended for low power, lighter cars. Installed a couple sets years ago. Both cars had warped rotors all too soon- even with EBC sport rotors. No one was very happy...my motto is avoid buying pads based on the amount of brake dust. Almost anything is better then OEM, however.

I usually have affordable OEM non-branded RS6 rotors on hand. Complete rotor and pad kits can have the warranty doubled to 2 years. Shipped and installed many sets over the years.

Currently have one front set left with Ceramic pads (and wear sensors). Pads could be at not cost depending on the kit.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com