Thread: New Custom 3" Exhaust - wow should have done this years ago

New Custom 3" Exhaust - wow should have done this years ago

Ok so just picked up my beast from USP motorsports in Coral Springs Florida and had a full custom 3" exhaust installed. The drive back to Tampa was great, I didn’t need the radio the whole way to mess up the sweet sounds coming from the tail pipes. So we ended up doing it all full custom with Milltek black tips. I will upload video and pics when I get back from a business trip this week. Many thanks to Fonzie and Elevens for the USP reference. We didnt have a chance to dyno it on Friday but it feels like it has more power.
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

Really looking forward to the vid man. I am looking at something like this as well. Catless?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Yes fully catless with a xross pipe. The only thing in the way of the turbos and the ozone layer is a custom muffler. Come find me Mr. Gore. Catch me if you can I will try and take a quick video in a min. I fly out tomorrow.
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

Here is the link to the first video. This is not great and it does not do it justice. I will try to get more later. http://youtu.be/pR5diqDzGBc

Nice Stubro. You should definitely notice a performance gain, especially upstairs. Just the other day I found a clear stretch of road and decided to nail it. Slapped it into "S", she dropped into 4th and within an instant I was doing well over a 100 and even at that speed this thing was still pulling like a freight train. Properly Tuned these cars are remarkable, and going with a full Catless Exhaust System is a step in the right direction to perfection.................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Very nice! Chris does some amazing work
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Nice work! We need more video!

sweet sound! - where and how much were the milltek tips?

i don't remember my milltek tips being 3"

did they use special ones?
    2003 RS6 - forsale

I really like the sound of my stock SE exhaust... and my neighbors already laugh that they can hear me coming two blocks away, and I don't need to call any more attention to my, ahem, driving habits by having an exhaust that's any louder. But I always thought the stock tips looked puny in the openings.

So I cut the stock tips off and mounted the larger milltek tips. I don't recall the measurements, but I believe the stock exhaust was like 2.75" vs the ID on the tips being set up for 3.0" pipe. Something like that. I fabbed a little shim ring out of 3" pipe to make them fit. I got the Milltek tips from Stratmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by stubro View Post
    yes fully catless with a xross pipe. The only thing in the way of the turbos and the ozone layer is a custom muffler. Come find me mr. Gore. Catch me if you can i will try and take a quick video in a min. I fly out tomorrow.
    lmao!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rle55 View Post
    sweet sound! - where and how much were the milltek tips?
    The tips were included in the overall price but I think they were around $275.

Hey, did you see the thread about the Michelin DE? Think you might wanna go? It's at PBIR, invite only.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Hi, do you sale your old exhaust?

All attached is the video that USP uploaded of the car http://youtu.be/wv9wEMiLku8 . Steve I will PM you about the old exhaust I still have it.

Sounds great man!