Thread: Sway bar ball joint broke

Sway bar ball joint broke

I was having a groaning sound from the front drivers side when turning occasionally. Apparently my front left sway bar ball joint was bad and the bolt broke during inspection according to my dealer. They want $280 to fix it. I can't imagine a bolt and replacing it would take that long and cost that much.

Thoughts?

most of that is labor...lift, belly pan, remove sway bar. remove broken bolt. r & r wait....ball joint?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

It is by the lower front control arm, right behind the wheel. The belly pan stays on. They probably want to replace the swaybar linkage.
    05 Cayenne turbo

I have a pair of front sway bar links if you need.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

That is a very nice offer. I'll PM you.

On a related note, the techs diagnosed a problem that had caused my check engine light.
    Crankcase ventilation combination valve fault. They have quoted me $754 to fix. Is this something easily fixed? Is the part that costly?

I'm going to clear the code and see if it comes back (it has before after some random time period) while I figure out what to do.

The vent valves are $80 a piece, and are right on top of the motor and in plain view (circled here in yellow). There are two spring clamps holding them in place. I can send you a pair with your swaybar links if you'd like.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I can't see the pic for some reason. I'll PM you.