Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japan Earthquake 8.9 Friday March 11, 2011

Japan Earthquake 8.9 Friday March 11, 2011

Hope and pray for all people in Japan and effected areas!!!
    The damage is too much to comprehend...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

We will. Was at work when the news came in.
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

The whirlpool video they keep showing is in Oarai, just south (5-10min drive) of where I used to live
    (I lived in Japan 2006-2008)

I learned to surf right there, and proposed to my fiance right up the coast. We have a few injuries reported at our factory there, will have to wait until morning to see the total damage to that area.....
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Ben,

Nice of you to say these words. I can add my thoughts to the group as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post

My thoughts as well. One of my very best friends (Kazuo) lives there.... he is ok but his whole block (and many surrounding blocks) is (are) without power. No clue when it will be restored. But at leaast he is ok. He fared much better than others.

Best Wishes for all out there,

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

agree with all the above, my boss got caught there was scheduled to fly out 1 hr later. He is in the CNN video "Delta Sky lounge" at the end.

Looks like I can go home early today
    SOLD - 2003 RS6 Black on Black / SE / Solar / Carbon / APR ECU + TCU / Wagner Intercoolers / Fog light delete / RNS-E / LED tails / Clear Corners / Sportek Cooling / itg filters /

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    The least to say. My thoughts go to all people in Japan.

I watched in horror like everyone else as the disaster unfolded and watched as cars and lorries tried in vein to escape the wall of water approaching them, the destruction was on an unimaginable scale. It puts into perspective all our own financial woes and concerns we might be all facing at the moment and what is REALLY important.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Sure sends chills up my bones. I can't stop watching CNN. Difficult to understand why these things have to happen, quake, tsunami, and nuclear radiation. My heart bleeds for them.
    Also scary is that the Philippines is just south of Japan and north of New Zealand where a quake struck about two weeks ago.

My mind can't comprehend the enormity of this event. How horrible.

Before and after sat images:
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/ja...eforeafter.htm

These are the kinds of events that kind of brand you for life. I remember the earhquake here in Chile, if any of you have never felt one...I honeslty hope you never do...there literally is NO escape, you just feel insignificant and impotent to whats happening.

My heart goes out to the japanese, I hope they can solve this situation and get back on their feet soon.

We have friends in Japan and just found out yesterday they are OK. Hopefully the radiation doesn't change that...shows you how insignificant we are on this planet...like toys in a swimming pool...heart goes out to all affected...
    2013 Audi S8

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

On the first video, the saddest thing Erik is watching the people in their cars trying to outrun the water behind them, only to find they have to slam on the brakes a few moments later as it is in front of them now as well. I can't even fathom the feeling of sitting in your car, just waiting for the water to engulf you, knowing there is absolutely nothing you can do. There are still 15,000+ people not even accounted for and sadly many of these poor souls were swept out to sea.

All of Japan is in my prayers.

On a side note, there are MANY of us Californians on board here and we are WAY past due for a major "Big One". NOW is the time to stock up on emergency supplies. Batteries, clean water, food, blankets, medical supplies, etc. We should have zero excuse to say "we weren't prepared".

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    On a side note, there are MANY of us Californians on board here and we are WAY past due for a major "Big One". NOW is the time to stock up on emergency supplies. Batteries, clean water, food, blankets, medical supplies, etc. We should have zero excuse to say "we weren't prepared".

Ben
    We were just talking about this at home, we don't have everything in one spot but we have quite a bit of stuff ...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Ben, if those of us in Cali don't learn something from this horrific event, it is our own fault. I can remember the loss of electricity for a day when the Loma Prieta earthquake hit, and that was a little shake compared to something like this quake. The lines of people waiting for water should make everyone realize that the Japanese felt there WERE prepared for a major quake, and look at the results. With the location of the fault lines on our coast, a tsunami is unlikely, but a quake of this magnitude would gut us.
    The people of Japan are resilient, stoic, but in need of our help and prayers. I hope we don't forget them once the headline news dies down...