Thread: '12 F10 M5, video teaser no. 2...

'12 F10 M5, video teaser no. 2...

Just add quattro

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

According to AMS the M5 has gained a new trick diff which might benefit it's ability to put the power down, though I wouldn't hold my breath regarding this as it will no doubt still require a delicate right foot not to smoke those rear tyres, wasting what added hp and ft/lbs it has over the old one.

The AMS article above is courtesy of our friendly BMW promo site Bimmerpost.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

i thought the dual clutch was deep sixed for an 8 speed auto.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    i thought the dual clutch was deep sixed for an 8 speed auto.
    Well according to these guys it's confirmed as the DCT and I have no reason to doubt them unless they can't count up to 8.

I see that BMW have finally seen sense and dumped the stupid 'every gear shift speed under the sun' mode settings in flavour of only 3 plus manual. The rest of the world knew this years ago, it's only taken BMW until now to realise this.

for the experts. will the new M5 with pro active lsd be faster around the corners specially corner exit acceleration than with AWD??? i mean with the best LSD you can have will be a RWD car faster around the corners (dry) than AWD??? with the new pro active lsd the new M5 will have no tire smoke on corner exit or mid corner. so it will be faster or equaly fast to the AWD right??? it would less understeer than AWD tough
    Last edited by tvrfan; March 18th, 2011 at 20:31.
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

wating c7 rs6
    My Gagare
    08 RS6 Avant full stock
    11 Gallardo LP560-4 (COMING)

Less than two weeks away from it's final unvealing and maybe then we can start discussing what the next RS6 will need to include to best this new bad boy from Munich.

The most interesting thing I am looking forward to hearing about this car isn't it's ouput but it's weight, will it continue the thread of the F10 in being heavier than the equivalent out going E60 or have they actually done something to make it leaner.