Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any other coilovers for the rs6 besides kw and pss9's ?

Are there any other coilovers for the rs6 besides kw and pss9's ?

I havnt found any other options for coilovers besides the kw and bilsteins. Anything else? Anyone find any screaming deals on kw's or pss9's? My beast is squeaking horribly, I initially thought it was interior fitment but its starting to seem like the drc. Im not trying to decide between the two obvious coilover choices, and yes I've seen the thread. Im looking for other options and some links to great deals if anyone has found some amazing sales. Seems like $2.5k is about standard for kw v3's. I might consider pss9's for the right price but kw seems to be the better product. Thanks

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...03&autoModClar=

H&R coilovers for the A6 4.2 will work.... a conventional shock/spring set-up from a 4.2 also will work.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

http://2bennett.com/audi%20rs6.html These look interesting, they come assembled with new upper strut mounts.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    http://2bennett.com/audi%20rs6.html These look interesting, they come assembled with new upper strut mounts.
    Is the rear upper shock mount correct in that pic? Did they discontinue the aluminum RS 6 version?
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

I'm having a brain fart, are the rear mounts aluminum on our cars? I know the part number on our car is the same as every other Audi across the board.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Are you sure the HR coilover will work?....

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    Is the rear upper shock mount correct in that pic? Did they discontinue the aluminum RS 6 version?
    Here's what I come up with for the rear strut mount.

Would I need to buy that rear strut mount in addition to coilovers or is that already on the vehicle with the drc unit mounted to it?

Quote Originally Posted by bcbeast View Post
    I havnt found any other options for coilovers besides the kw and bilsteins. Anything else? Anyone find any screaming deals on kw's or pss9's? My beast is squeaking horribly, I initially thought it was interior fitment but its starting to seem like the drc. Im not trying to decide between the two obvious coilover choices, and yes I've seen the thread. Im looking for other options and some links to great deals if anyone has found some amazing sales. Seems like $2.5k is about standard for kw v3's. I might consider pss9's for the right price but kw seems to be the better product. Thanks

Being Strictly an H&R man, I Imported my H&R coilovers from the UK. If you need the Adjust ability then go with the KW's or PSS9's. I didn't. I just needed a good durable coilover system which has given me very good results in the past. I can't exactly remember but I believe with shipping it was less than $1800.00.

03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Here's what I come up with for the rear strut mount.
    Audi must have discontinued the original design. I just had mine out a couple days ago and it is cast aluminum (original Audi part), not stamped steel.

Here is a pic when Kyle had his apart, I had the same issue as he did (squeaking);
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RearSuspensionsp&#1.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	11037

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20...l=1#post199339
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Elevens, not for me but for others can you give us the part #s for your H&R's? Just the Strut/Shocks if they are stenciled on somewhere then we could check them against what Tire Rack is selling to see if the RS6 version is different than the A6 version? Maybe the damping or compression is different maybe it isn't? Maybe as a package the RS6 just gets a higher spring rate but the same Strut/Shock? H&R USA I believe is still located in Bellingham, Washington, maybe they would know or admit what if any the differences are. I know Grizz has been selling KW's, Bilstein, and H&R's.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Elevens, not for me but for others can you give us the part #s for your H&R's? Just the Strut/Shocks if they are stenciled on somewhere then we could check them against what Tire Rack is selling to see if the RS6 version is different than the A6 version? Maybe the damping or compression is different maybe it isn't? Maybe as a package the RS6 just gets a higher spring rate but the same Strut/Shock? H&R USA I believe is still located in Bellingham, Washington, maybe they would know or admit what if any the differences are. I know Grizz has been selling KW's, Bilstein, and H&R's.
    Right now hahnmgh63 the car is at the shop getting the TC replaced. But as soon as I get it back I will do that. And yes the reason I ordered it from Britain is because I also could not find an RS6 version of the H&R's over hear. I had them on my on my A6 2.7T for about 7 years with Zero problems which is why I stand by them so much. Not to mention the fact that Grizz and Mooch highly recommends them also.
    s
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbeast View Post
    Are you sure the HR coilover will work?....
    Yes.......
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

LOL I dont think stasis will fit the budget needs. I will send you my contact for coilovers, I think he has gotten great pricing for a few people so far. If the price is close, I'd go KW. Been riding on them for over a week, and couldn't be happier.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

The sets sold thru the Tire Rack are the same numbers (on the springs) as the ones Elevens posted, 29482...curious to see if the body has a number that matches also. I'm tending to think its all the same.

Wholesale thru the Rack is less than a grand which is a great deal IMO for H&R coil-overs....I think I paid much more than that years ago for H&R coil-overs on my old 16V VW !

Here's a slightly closer shot of the Coilover. And don't make any comments on my garage either. But it looks like the Part No on the shock is F46 1001-1/1. This apparently is for the A6/S6 and I assume for the RS6 since this is what I was sent. Any way who ever want's to research it, there it is. All I can tell you is that I am very happy with the Ride and Handling characteristics of the shock spring combination...............

Yes, unfortunately the nice aluminum piece has been replaced with the stamped steel version. I have been looking for a set of NOS aluminum ones. Let me know if anyone finds any.....of course Audi still wants the same price.