Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyle gets downpipes/ random picture thread.

Kyle gets downpipes/ random picture thread.

Kyle made it down this weekend to make some upgrades, and perform some maintenance on his beast. We installed a set of gutted downpipes that he had ceramic coated, and replaced his primary O2 sensors, spark plugs, coil packs, injector O-rings and downpipe to catback exhaust clamps (collateral damage ) Here's some random pictures that Kyle shot throughout the process. It also happened to be my birthday, which meant running for the phone every 10 minutes throughout the process to answer "happy birthday calls".

Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Nice!!!

Happy B-day Pat!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Nice!!!

Happy B-day Pat!
    Thanks Ben. My birthday yielded a new set of Euro tail lamps, and another 6" of snow.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Happy birthday! Beat me by a day....I like ceramic coating looks great, helps with heat dissipation I assume.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Thanks Stephen, and yes, I'm a bit envious of the ceramic coating. I may pull mine back out, remove the main cats, and have them ceramic coated before spring comes.

Nice job, and yes, I'm a believer in Ceramic coating too. Were you able to lower it enough to get to the downpipes without unhooking the driveline? From the one pic it looks like the driveline is still hooked up? Just did a complete Brake job on my car with the Phaeton ducts so I'm thinking the downpipes will be the next project.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Nice job, and yes, I'm a believer in Ceramic coating too. Were you able to lower it enough to get to the downpipes without unhooking the driveline? From the one pic it looks like the driveline is still hooked up? Just did a complete Brake job on my car with the Phaeton ducts so I'm thinking the downpipes will be the next project.
    Yeah, I left the upper suspension mounts in place, and left the prop shaft and all driveline connected, unlike when I did mine. So basically I just used a transverse bar to suspend the engine, removed the headlamp level sensor, then removed all 12 cradle bolts and lowered the engine/trans/cradle assembly.

Awesome Pat! Looks like you have the method down!

I am going to try it myself (without the lift though)
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

When I did mine (on jack stands) the hardest part of the job was finding a way to jack the car up, and place the stands somewhere that would allow me to lower the cradle.

Looks like you do some pretty good work pat. It's a pity I'm not your vicinity. I'd have you do all my work. Even though Minnesota is probably the last place I'd want to be at this time. Just too damn cold. Any way USP MotorSports is Replacing my Torque Converter and EGT sensors Under Warranty. It was finally approved yesterday after getting the Runaround. So I'll be without the Beast for about a week or so. Damn I miss her already. Oh well the Wife will just have to give up the Allroad until such time..........
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Pat does know what he is doing.

Funny thing is, as I was heading back home, I threw a P0741. Awesome. Now, everyone give me opinions in what converter I should go with, level 10? IPT? Audi? others?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Hope you don't mind me starting a thread on your modifications Kyle, I had all of the pics on my camera. I personally would check with Ace converter and see if they have a core to build for you.

Ace! yes, forgot about that one. No problem on the thread, glad you started it. Not sure when I would have uploaded the pics and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Hope you don't mind me starting a thread on your modifications Kyle, I had all of the pics on my camera. I personally would check with Ace converter and see if they have a core to build for you.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Hey, you can take downpipes out of your future mod list in your signature now! Speaking of which, here's a link for the meth kit I was talking about this weekend: http://www.alcohol-injection.com/dvc...age-2-305.html

There, got the sig changed. Moved the DP's but added the converter to the future list. Codes came up again today. Again, only when driving normal. It does not come up when driving aggressively. That kit looks good btw.

Great little write up!! Happy Birthday from the Snowy North!!! We need a sound clip!!
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

snowy north indeed. shot this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by palette View Post
    we need a sound clip!!
    now!!!!!!!!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement