Thread: New DSG?

New DSG?

will audi build or devoplement a new DSG tranny that will handle more than 550 nm ??? they must stay with the competitors. the next M5 F10 will have a DSG tranny. and i think that the C7 RS6 will have more than 550 nm. i really hope audi dont put a simple automatic transmission in it or cut the torque at 550 nm.

anybody infos on a new higher torque DSG?
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    will audi build or devoplement a new DSG tranny that will handle more than 550 nm ??? they must stay with the competitors. the next M5 F10 will have a DSG tranny. and i think that the C7 RS6 will have more than 550 nm. i really hope audi dont put a simple automatic transmission in it or cut the torque at 550 nm.

anybody infos on a new higher torque DSG?
    You don't need to ask this question because it's a done deal as far as I'm aware.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    You don't need to ask this question because it's a done deal as far as I'm aware.
    for two reasons:

1- i forget the name of the company, but whichever one makes it for audi now also has one capable of RS6 type of torque figures.

2- audi now has access to porsche's PDK
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

RXBG, I believe RICARDO is the name of the company .

Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    RXBG, I believe RICARDO is the name of the company .
    Yes, Ricardo Engineering in the UK developed the Bugatti Veyron's DSG box and has produced 31 other DCT gearbox designs, including the racing Audi R8 series and for McLaren. The Veyron's gearbox can handle 1,250 Nm (922 lb.ft) of torque. As far as I know, it isn't used in any other VW Group model because it is so expensive.

As you probably know, Audi recently developed its own exclusive DCT gearbox for longitudinally-mounted powertrains: the DL501. It utilises concentric dual wet multi-plate clutches and two separate oil systems. It has 7 speeds and a torque handling limit of up to 600 Nm (440 lb.ft), so is suitable for engines with power outputs not exceeding 330 kW (450 PS; 440 bhp). It is presently used in the A4, S4, Q5, A5, S5, RS5, A7 and new A6.

The Porsche PDK is produced by ZF Friedrichshafen and is a longitudinal unit that is available in three different versions. The 7DT-40 (Boxter, Cayman, Carrera and Carrera S), 7DT-70 (911 Turbo and above) and 7DT-75 (Panamera). If Audi needs DCTs with increased torque handling abilities, I suspect it will do one of two things:

1. Beef-up the DL501
    2. Utilise Porsche's 7DT-70 or 7DT-75.

The S8 needs a DCT gearbox, so it wouldn't suprise me if one of the two options above is seen this year.

Audi also recently introduced a brand new high capacity DCT for transversely mounted powertrains, the PQ500. So far, it has been used in the TT-RS and Audi RS3, but is expected to find its way into new A3 and Q3 models.

Personally i'd prefer to have 8 speed tiptronic over any DSG now. They are lighter, switches similarly fast -/+ 1 speed, but (as far as i know) they can switch significantly faster during kickdown, when 2, 3 or even more gears are changed constantly. I was absolutely amazed when tried A8 4.2 TDI with ZF 8HP, that's the best gearbox i've ever tried.
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    Yes, Ricardo Engineering in the UK developed the Bugatti Veyron's DSG box and has produced 31 other DCT gearbox designs, including the racing Audi R8 series and for McLaren. The Veyron's gearbox can handle 1,250 Nm (922 lb.ft) of torque. As far as I know, it isn't used in any other VW Group model because it is so expensive.

As you probably know, Audi recently developed its own exclusive DCT gearbox for longitudinally-mounted powertrains: the DL501. It utilises concentric dual wet multi-plate clutches and two separate oil systems. It has 7 speeds and a torque handling limit of up to 600 Nm (440 lb.ft), so is suitable for engines with power outputs not exceeding 330 kW (450 PS; 440 bhp). It is presently used in the A4, S4, Q5, A5, S5, RS5, A7 and new A6.

The Porsche PDK is produced by ZF Friedrichshafen and is a longitudinal unit that is available in three different versions. The 7DT-40 (Boxter, Cayman, Carrera and Carrera S), 7DT-70 (911 Turbo and above) and 7DT-75 (Panamera). If Audi needs DCTs with increased torque handling abilities, I suspect it will do one of two things:

1. Beef-up the DL501
    2. Utilise Porsche's 7DT-70 or 7DT-75.

The S8 needs a DCT gearbox, so it wouldn't suprise me if one of the two options above is seen this year.

Audi also recently introduced a brand new high capacity DCT for transversely mounted powertrains, the PQ500. So far, it has been used in the TT-RS and Audi RS3, but is expected to find its way into new A3 and Q3 models.
    Switching the transmisson oil with some other minor changes will improve the handling capacity of the DL501, that's how Porsche did it with their PDK.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

there will be a new DCT which can handle enough torque
    i'm sure it will reach a lot of stronger models...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    there will be a new DCT which can handle enough torque
    i'm sure it will reach a lot of stronger models...
    seems you know something by your words.sounds great, a new dct by ricardo for audi or something else? tell us please

a new dct from audi

Manual gearbox 24/7.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    a new dct from audi
    ok thanks! when we will have more info about?