Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: KW V3 or PSS9

I spoke with H&R a few years ago before I dumped the DRC and they told me that the RS6 springs were 1.4" shorter front & rear but of a little higher spring rate so I don't think they would be harder on the shocks/struts?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Anyone know how to get the lower control arm bolts out? they seem to be too long to back out all the way..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Anyone know how to get the lower control arm bolts out? they seem to be too long to back out all the way..
    Drop cradle.

EDIT: I should be more clear. Remove the rear cradle bolts, leave the front ones in place. You only have to lower the rear of the cradle slightly.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Drop cradle.

EDIT: I should be more clear. Remove the rear cradle bolts, leave the front ones in place. You only have to lower the rear of the cradle slightly.
    ok ant that will give way for the front as well?
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..

I love it.. now I come to find out I dont have the correct 12 point hex for the inner axle!!

Brav as V8weight said to get the rears out but for the front they should be back out and opposite from the bolt head there is a hole in the engine cradle that they will be able to back out into. So you can use a socket to get them loose but then you will need to either use your fingers or the open end of a wrench to back them out until they back into the engine cradle.
    Roy, WA

I am criminal, I should have let the secret out before. I have this tool from Dorman http://www.warehousedeals.com/Dorman...sReviewsWidget The Schwaben looks to be almost the same for another $30 but then you have to deal wtih and wait on ECS.
    Roy, WA

nuts and bolts. Who has re-used all nuts and bolts and who has replaced them as recommended in Bentley Manual?

Vag 3287A: Detatching Guide Link from Wheel Bearing Housing: Who has done this with or without the 3287A special Tool? Where can I buy this from?

Front Brake Caliper: I have had these off before and don't recall removing a HEX bolt prior to removing the two bolts which hold the caliper on! Bentley shows this step prior to removing the Guide Link.

Thank you,

Mike

Well I have a LOT to type about but no time.. I ordered the hardware kit from 034, not only were 90% of the bolts useless, so were the lower front control arms (wrong ball joint and bushings...). I reused most of the harware, out of necessity. Seems ok, car is driving GREAT, love the KWs!! More to come later about the full control arm swap, KW install, and drive shafts, etc..

Oh well, I waited at home all day for a shipment due today because it required a signiture, only to finally see a posting on the FEDEX tracking site "Delivery exception: Unable to find address." That's Code for "It's late and I'm tired and going home, the customer can wait until Tuesday."

At least the US post office knows the location of the address, maybe FEDEX is going the way of the US post office. If the code above is incorrect then the code would be "I'm unable to use a GPS system to find an address." or "What me? Phone the receiver to ask for directions?"

I did pick up a universal balljoint tool kit, some new jack stands, that required Deep 22mm socket (and a shallow 22 mm socket LOL), some Liquid Wrench, and a Hydraulic Bottle Jack. I printed all the pages from the Bentley Manual. I was ready to go for the job all day Sunday.

Thanks, FedEx, have a nice long weekend off.

Mike

The seller, Eurocode Tuning, replied to my request to verify with fedex the shipping address within about 33 minutes!!

He verified with Fedex that they had the correct address.

He then google my address and had no problem describing to me exactly where my house is.

He confirmed that fedex had my phone number.

I was right with my decoding.

Eurocode Tuning has excellent customer service! I do not want to mention his name without his permission.

http://www.ecodetuning.com/

Mike

KW questions

The parts arrived.

I have a question about the height settings.

Here's a photo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kw2..jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	11033

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kw1..jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	11034

POST EDITTED...

I found my answer ! D'ooh

Mike

I think I would start out at 310mm for fronts measurement A, and 180-185 for rear.. After my adjustments I think thats where I am at. might want to get a metric tape

So what was the answer?
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

The original equipment strut is supposed to be assembled with the coil spring in a very specific location of the top spring seat. They specify for 11 degrees of rotation (left or right for each side) and show the spring ends engaging very specific fixed points on the two seats (top and bottom). I guess the geometry of the OEM springs are such that they are Mirror Images of each other.

The KW does not appear to need to be positioned in any rotational angle (there are not stops on the bottom spring seat.)

Also, the bottom adjustable spring seat for the KW is PLASTIC???? the weight of the car and the forces produced by movement are supported by a plastic NUT? (I know there is a metal part above the plastic ring but OUCH how strong is that part?)

Mike

Sorry snoopra, I had the front and rear confused because of 1. The bigger spring and 2. the extra cylinder. I figured that out LOL.