Thread: C6 RS6 - ceramic brakes recall

C6 RS6 - ceramic brakes recall

There was one more recall on the ceramic brakes. Last year they've replaced the rotor bolts.
    Now, they've replaced the forward rotors.

My question to anyone who had the ceramic rotors replaced is whether they had the pads renewed as well.

Thanks.
    Michalis

Hi

I've had the rotor bolts replaced under recall (general global one) with the titanium ones. I've had the pads (front) replaced under warranty due to dreadful noises which I complained about. I find that if I just drive it around town etc the brake dust quickly mounts up and produces horrible noises - this car and the ceramic brakes definitely prefers very hard driving/braking around the track which I am quite happy to do. Haven't heard about the recall regarding the front rotors, do you have a reference number or something? It would be great to know as I certainly do remember the dealer here in Australia being a bit slow on hearing about the recall on the rotor bolts. Actually had to ring up Audi Australia to find out what the story was.

best wishes!

I had the bolts replaced by Audi Zentrum Flensburg last summer on the S8. They did it free of charge, even though the car is registered in Norway. Norwegian audi dealer wanted big $$$ to do it. The S8 is at 95k km now, but the pads are the original ones. The brakes are screaming quite loudly when it is raining and the car has been parked. It usually gets better for a while if you do some full on braking from 120km/h a few times on the motorway. Lots of salt and asphalt dust build up on the discs and pads here due to cold winters and studded tyres.

The bolt change were called: "Aktion 46F2" from Audi.