Thread: Some recent projects...

Mech Some recent projects...

For those of you that know, i had a minor fender bender(actually just a scuff) a month ago when a lady decided to slam on her brakes as we were taking off from a light in a left turn lane. While the car was in the shop, i took the liberty of changing a few things...

Took off the front 4 intercooler hoses, and while cleaning them, noticed a lot of old oil blow-by. Cleaned them inside and out...

Replaced my stock leaky intercoolers with a set of stock non-leaky intercoolers that i sealed. Replaced stock hoses and upgraded with t-bolt clamps. Inspected rear hoses coming off the turbos, and they looked fine...

Replaced my upper control arms. Left side ended up being a PITA due to the pinch bolt being seized on the upright. Had to cut/drill out the bolt and get another bolt. Aside from that, smooth sailing. Three suggestions for anyone attempting this: Before you do anything, make sure you can loosen and remove BOTH pinch bolts on the upright. And when you install the new front upper control arm, do yourself a favor and but the bolt in from the rear, so you dont HAVE to lower the upper mount ever again. And Make sure when you tighten the inner bolts, that the control arms are in the correct position. As in, you should have about 3-4 inches between the bushing and the underside of the fender...
    Attachment 10678Attachment 10679

Got my headlights from the shop one day and took them apart. Well, took one apart with ease, with the other i was not so lucky. Used a dremel and a thin cutting wheel to separate the headlight at the seam. If i had tried to do the new one first, i might not have attempted this. However, since i had done the easy one first, i was already past the point of no return. Still came out really nice. I originally bought some led turn signal bulbs, but then realized that a) they were actually red and b) they caused quick blink. So i bought some regular amber turn signal bulbs and sprayed a coat of vht on them, also came out looking really nice. Just got her cleaned up today from all the body shop dust. Here are some pics of the result:

Attachment 10676Attachment 10680Attachment 10684Attachment 10681Attachment 10683

Before:
    Attachment 10685

And after:
    Attachment 10682Attachment 10677
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

She looks great Josh, headlights came out sweet, I like the blacked out grill.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Thanks Stephen, The guy at the shop did it for me to match the one that was on the car already, but was damaged in the fender bender.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

looking good!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

looking nice because its AUDI ..........................= 4 rings 4 ever
    4 RING'S 4 EVER

Nice job and pics Josh!
    210K miles rolled

Oh, also, my xm unit from genuine came in saturday. i put it in monday, WITHOUT having to remove anything. removing the trays will give you more room, but its not necessary.

Looking sweet JSRS6. Gonna do the Clear Corner Mod as soon get the balls to pull of my bumper. Thinking about blacking out the grille also. Like my Brushed Mirrors though, won't touch those. All in all a very nice looking car...............
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.