Thread: Porsche, not Audi, to ''lead'' VAG in future!

Porsche, not Audi, to ''lead'' VAG in future!

Porsche has been given leading role in research and development within VAG... Audi ''pushed aside'', I would tell...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11012082...cars-and-large

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    Porsche has been given leading role in research and development within VAG... Audi ''pushed aside'', I would tell...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11012082...cars-and-large
    Haha, very funny! Good for Porsche lovers but not really close to the actual reality where it's known who leads the progress within VAG...

And this info' is based on...?

Ouch, I can only imagine the power struggle between both R&D departments.

no power struggle. simply makes more economic sense. if you own various companies and one comes with essentially all it's r&d invested in sports car manufacturing why not use its resources to stick to that while shfting the same resources another one has in a direction of its own expertise, i.e. audi and it's design and execution philosophy. the germans are very pragmatic and practical people so it makes sense. no emotion- just logic. imagine an RS7 designed by audi and carrying the panamera PDK and turbo engine? look at the R8 and gallardo. the R8 is the better, more capable car but has a lambo engine and gearbox and that is about it. the future for car manuf's not in the VW umbrella is very scary indeed. and if VW buys ferrari it is downright scary.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

i see bad future incoming for Audi
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

There should be enough technology for all brands I think...
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

does that mean that the next A7 or A8 or something will be not as good as yet? or will be after that porsche is leader the quality and power output from engines on audi vehicles not as good as yet? maybe there wont be a next R8 because of porsche is leader and they wont allow it. and if then it will be not a porsche beater and maybe not so hardcore like audi want it to be
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

- Adam
    quattroholic.com - We're addicted to Audi

Guys,
    relax! No need for panic!

First: Audi is major contributor with more than 2/3 of total annual profit income for complete VW empire. There is no other brand in whole line up that VW is more dependable for its existence than to Audi. In stock market 4/5 of VW share price is down on Audi. SO - NO SUCH DEAL COULD'VE AND NEVER WILL BE DONE WITHOUT ''YES'' FROM AUDI, OR DEAL THAT CAN DENT AUDI'S REPUTATION AND SLOW DOWN ITS R&D. THEY HAVE LONG TERM PLAN TO BECOME WORLD'S NO.1 AND THAT IS NOT JUST PURE TALK FROM AUDI'S OFFICIAL BUT REAL STRATEGY GUIDE FROM VW TOP BRASS.

Second: no such deal could have been possible since the merger talks are still ongoing and are very weak as Porsche is under heavy burden of debts on its back, so now VW is even considering pulling out of it and leaving them to their own. I can see more likely that Porsche would go under bankruptcy than that VW would let their most precious gold fish lose their momentum or position in premium market. Days when Porsche would start bringing any of profit to VW are still far away and that will be only a fraction of what Audi brings.

And third: your concerns for R8 or any other sport car from Audi are premature. R8 2nd gen. development has already began, and that would also mean anything that would come in next 5-7 years from Audi, so if anything - Porsches influence and R&D is still around ten years away...

Only that I can see their contribution is development of future transversal mid-engined platform for possible R5 and model expected to come below current Cayman / Boxter line.

So enough with this unfounded and phobic talk! Porsche is very small to bring anything to Audi. It can be only in reverse order.

hmm that means when porsche will bring the profit, then they will take control over audi? sry my english is very bad.

QHISA, help me

No, it means NEVER as they are too small to control anyone but themselves..

Reading your posts, Audi seems like a only solution for every one...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    Reading your posts, Audi seems like a only solution for every one...
    Haha, no it just gets me so annoyed when some unquoted internet articles provoke people to start thinking of suddenly David could swap places with Goliath...
    All respect for Porsche but as I said, they are too small fish to swallow Audi. Helping is ok but leading is another, science-fiction thing, to expect from them... ASF is way beyond their expertise and abilities to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    Haha, no it just gets me so annoyed when some unquoted internet articles provoke people to start thinking of suddenly David could swap places with Goliath...
    All respect for Porsche but as I said, they are too small fish to swallow Audi. Helping is ok but leading is another, science-fiction thing, to expect from them... ASF is way beyond their expertise and abilities to produce.
    Some clarifications here:

1. Audi remains responsible for the "modular longitudinal matrix" - which is not only A4, A5, Q5 (+Porsche Cajun) BUT A6 & A7 as well

2. Audi is responsible for the future SUV plattform = future Q7, Cayenne, Touareg will be based on that

3. We are talking about plattforms - NOT cars. Look at A3, RS3, TT, TTRS - thea are all based on the VW Golf plattform, obviously lead by VW, and look what Audi made of it.

What I'm trying to say, there can only be one in the lead of = responsible for a plattorm. Audi is than responsible to bring input & knowhow into the plattform module AND build a true Audi on top of it.

Would not worry too much, besides Porsche engineering is not the "worst" you know
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    Some clarifications here:

1. Audi remains responsible for the "modular longitudinal matrix" - which is not only A4, A5, Q5 (+Porsche Cajun) BUT A6 & A7 as well

2. Audi is responsible for the future SUV plattform = future Q7, Cayenne, Touareg will be based on that

3. We are talking about plattforms - NOT cars. Look at A3, RS3, TT, TTRS - thea are all based on the VW Golf plattform, obviously lead by VW, and look what Audi made of it.

What I'm trying to say, there can only be one in the lead of = responsible for a plattorm. Audi is than responsible to bring input & knowhow into the plattform module AND build a true Audi on top of it.

Would not worry too much, besides Porsche engineering is not the "worst" you know
    Add to that an A8 as well... so I don't know what else would be there for porsche to develop chassis for?! As I said, the new R8 is under development already...