Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FMU Intake, group Buy

Andrew -just to relocate the MAF's alone compels to be a buyer......another thread
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Does this kit relocate the MAF's? I thought they were the ame MAF's, in the same spot, with the same 'sealing" method? Or was the question, CAN we relocate them?
    2013 Audi S8

ttboost look at pic on 1st page
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

I saw the pics, but not having had my airbox off yet, I wasn't sure if that new aluminum hat secured the MAF's down or there was another "clamping" device doing it?
    2013 Audi S8

pat had inquired about the clamping as well, I think the tubing is sealed same way into inlets as it is currently, and the bolts that come off the arms attach to manifold to hold it in place. My comment was related to taking the connectors(weak point) away from more heat and not wedging them into place....currently an issue with my drivers side maf and it is falling apart

...like making some kind of 90deg boot to hold MAF's, vs them standing up behind?
    2013 Audi S8

looks like it, Andrew would be better resource for the question

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6_intake1-625x4&#4.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	10673

There is the picture if the inlets out of the car from there site

The MAFs are relocated, but only very slightly. We moved it to a straighter section of pipe (with the same sealing method) to cut down on turbulence at the sensor. It doesn't move it so far away that the wires won't reach or will be very stretched.

Stephencl had a couple good questions, so I figured I would repost them here, just in case anybody else has been thinking the same thing.

Q: Will the stock carbon engine covers fit back on with the FMU intake?
    A: We haven't tried, and the owner has the covers, so we don't have access to them. But after some quick measuring and theorycrafting, we have a long and short answer. Short answer: No. Long answer: Perhaps with some modification to the engine cover itself, you might be able to, but we can't say that it will fit after you mod it.

Q: Does anything else need to be replaced/relocated during the FMU intake install?
    A: Nope. Take the old one out, put the new one in. It's about as plug-and-play as an intake can get.

ok... im in for this!

LOL maybe u can group ship me and palette's order!

both in toronto!

Boooyaah 1 more!

Sweet! Just one more to go!

i think we have 5 !!!!!

1)speedtrapped
    2)palette
    3)covertw12
    4)tidus888
    5)terrytcl

possible TTboost?
    we have 5 pls everyone confirm so Andrew can give us deposit instructions

Just to give you guys some advanced notice on the group buy-

We won't be requiring deposits until we start production, and with shipping for the cans, there's no need to whip out the checkbooks *just* yet.

Our fab department's got some downtime so we've been constantly tinkering with the intake design, trying to make it ride that line between performance and ease of installation.

We just want to make sure all 5 people are still in, so we can go ahead with ordering the cans and everything.
    http://www.fluidmotorunion.com

In.......

In.......
    APR ECU|KW3's, H-sports & 034 Arms|Wagner& Venair|Labree DP's w/ Cat deletes|USP custom exhaust w/ Miltek tips|VMR's & 265 RE011's|SEAT Cupra fr. spoiler|Full black optic & mirrors|RSN-E|RS6+ pedals|Clear-cornered|smoked tails/sides|S6 door blades|9500i