Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FMU Intake, group Buy

so what are we up to now for buyers?

Mike AKA TTBOOST you in?
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Quote Originally Posted by PALETTE View Post
    so what are we up to now for buyers?

Mike AKA TTBOOST you in?
    Looks like just 2 so far
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

I may be in - will confirm next week. I'm waiting to see what's going to take priority to get my car to the next level once we get the dyno done and logs pulled..... new tune, fueling or meth..... or more air !

nicely done pieces for sure. Do we have a timeframe for delivery ?

Cheers~
    APR ECU|KW3's, H-sports & 034 Arms|Wagner& Venair|Labree DP's w/ Cat deletes|USP custom exhaust w/ Miltek tips|VMR's & 265 RE011's|SEAT Cupra fr. spoiler|Full black optic & mirrors|RSN-E|RS6+ pedals|Clear-cornered|smoked tails/sides|S6 door blades|9500i

Erich, i think Andrew from FMU said they have the materials for 5, when we get to the # they will make, but Andrew best to answer that question.
    Stephen

Btw the rims look good with the pirelli winters.....small, but snow traction
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Hey all, just got back online after what turned out to be a long, busy weekend.

The BMCs come from Italy, and with Christmas coming up, they might take a fair amount of time to ship (a month or less). We're sending the company an e-mail right now to get a proper time estimate. Otherwise, everything else from the intakes can be procured and put together by us with relative ease. So it all really boils down to the shipping of the carbon fiber cans.

And going off what Stephen said, yes, we won't begin production of the intake until we've got 5 definite members of the group buy. Deposits can be talked about and handled once we've reached that magic number, so for now we're just keeping our fingers crossed that 5 out of 999 RS6 owners will be willing to have a handmade FMU product under their hood.

Well i'm still in for this.
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Ditto, Erich ?.....

Good to hear there's still support being drummed up! I'll keep you guys updated on anything that happens in relation to this, and I hope to keep getting the "somebody posted in this thread" e-mail!

I might be interested... gotta at least flash first...been a busy couple of weeks...
    2013 Audi S8

Sounds like a possible 4 if ttboost and Erich jump in

will this intake give us the nice Turbo Sound?

You should hear more spool up, if that's what you mean.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I wouldn't think you could hear the dinky turbos!!!
    2013 Audi S8

Well once your done with those big bad boys you will

I'm in - and willing to be the Dyno test case.......

Now about that catch can.......
    APR ECU|KW3's, H-sports & 034 Arms|Wagner& Venair|Labree DP's w/ Cat deletes|USP custom exhaust w/ Miltek tips|VMR's & 265 RE011's|SEAT Cupra fr. spoiler|Full black optic & mirrors|RSN-E|RS6+ pedals|Clear-cornered|smoked tails/sides|S6 door blades|9500i

nice erich....yeah i asked Andrew about the catch can, easy fab...3 solid,,,,,,chugga,chugga

it might help to spray that metal heat-hog with some heat-reflecting/resistant coating? Lizard Skin? I get tired of massive heatsoak.. anything would help I'd guess. the difference in power with my car from 60 deg to 80 is nuts.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

So this is where we're at, from what I see:

Definitely In:
    -speedtrapped
    -palette
    -covertw12 (interested in being the test mule)

On the Fence:
    -ttboost

...After checking up on our source for the cans in Italy, shipping could take anywhere from "1-3 weeks." Which, you know, is a great estimate. Very narrowly defined, I'd say. But while we wait for the cans, we can still make the rest of the intake, so the turnaround won't hopefully be too long.

Our head engineer and fabricator are going to be back from Qatar by Friday, so I should be able to chat them up about more specifics with the catch can, too, and I'll relay those when I can (perhaps in its own dedicated post).

In the meantime, like usual, shoot me any questions either on here or by e-mail (andrew [at] fluidmotorunion [dot] com). Speedtrapped can vouch for my relatively prompt replies.