Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official! Audi RS 3 Sportback

Agreed Joker. The 5cyl 2.5TFSI is what it is all about.
    Also, we will not see next S3 until late 2013/ early 2014.
    8P S3 was only launched in 2007. That was 4 years after the 8P A3 was launched. Let's hope next time around Audi is a bit quicker to produce the S3.
    2010 Audi S4 ( Ibis White ) | 2011 Audi RS 3 ( Misano Red )
    ex : 2011 Audi RS 3 ( Ibis White ) | 2010 Audi S3 (Ibis White) | 2007 Audi S3 ( Ibis White ) | 2007 Audi TT ( Ibis White ) | 2006 Audi A3 2.0T ( Brilliant Red )

Quote Originally Posted by ved View Post
    Agreed Joker. The 5cyl 2.5TFSI is what it is all about.
    Also, we will not see next S3 until late 2013/ early 2014.
    8P S3 was only launched in 2007. That was 4 years after the 8P A3 was launched. Let's hope next time around Audi is a bit quicker to produce the S3.
    It was actually 2006 (3 years after) but I do get the point, though there was the v6 3.2 that was release at launch so in a way there was a performance offering right from the beginning only it wasn't quite as sporty as a true S model would be. Whether Audi decide to release the S3 instead at the launch because the v6 has been done away with is doubtful but I do reckon it will come no later than 6-9 months after this time round.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

CAR Magaizine : RS3 vs 1M Coupe

Don't want to spoil it for you, but .......... in their words 'most complete' overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's the engine that is ultimately making this car so special, the S3 is a good car but it takes the 2.5TFSI to turn it into something that feels special. So whilst the next S3 will probably be better looking, have a nicer interior and offer a bit more space it will still be minus this engine.
    The next S3 gets the 5-cylinder 2.5 litre engine, but not before 2014.

That surprises me, though it's a surprise I welcome because this engine is too good not to be shared. Though the 2014 date is odd don't you think, I would have expect it to arrive within 6-9 months of model launch, unless they intend to up the power of the 211hp model to something in between that and the old S3.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    That surprises me, though it's a surprise I welcome because this engine is too good not to be shared. Though the 2014 date is odd don't you think, I would have expect it to arrive within 6-9 months of model launch, unless they intend to up the power of the 211hp model to something in between that and the old S3.
    I don't have any hard info other than the fact that the 5-pot is going into the next Golf R. This was quoted by Ulrich Hackenburg in conversation with Georg Kacher at Geneva. VW has since created a Golf with the 5 to take part in this years Nurburgring 24 hour race. My reasoning is that if this engine is going to go in the Golf R, then it has to go in the Audi S3 too. My 2014 date was to fit in with the usual cycle for S introductions. If the next S3 does come earlier within the cycle, I think it will develop less, say 300 bhp, not 340 bhp or more, in order not to piss off RS3 owners, whose cars would immediately and unacceptably depreciate.

About the last Qisha's message : it's a bit strange that the phantom black is still avalaible because it's a pearl effect paint as the daytona grey and the misano red are.

I remind you that the problem is a paint shortage after Japan tsunami for automakers.
    "According to a Reuters reports, major automakers, including Chrysler Group LLC, Toyota Motor Co, General Motors Co and VW Group use the pigment, called Xirallic, produced at only one factory in the world -- the Onahama plant near the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power station in Japan. Now with the impeding danger of nuclear break-out, there has been a shortage of the paint. It was reported that the plant is operated by German chemical company Merck KGaA, and has been evacuated."

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/autos/...icle-ilwu.html

I've ordered a gray daytona one and my dealer just told me that the delivery wil be october 2011. But I guess that's the "normal" schedule. One can expect a delay of 8-10 weeks. I'm afraid that I won't have my RS3 before the end of the year or, worst, in january 2012.

Some automakers have already restricted orders on vehicles in several colors but Audi customer service told me the delay is due to high demand !!????????

Qisha, could you please give us some informations ?
    I don't like the white and black colors so without any informations from Audi AG, I will cancel my order next week. It's a case of force majeure.

That'll be useful for any plutonium or caesium based pigments!

That sounds like a big problem, another source will have to be found.

Just been advised by my dealer the build week of my car is week 48!, given that I ordered the car the week before xmas 2010, I am not going to see it till Jan 2012, not exactly a happy bunny. Incidentally, the colour I ordered was misano red

Blacks also now delayed.

s3dbw thank you for the information. In which country did you order your RS3 ?
    tailpipe, what about your's ?

Mine ordered in London, UK.

STOP PRESS

Onahama pigment plant will resume full production by 1 June 2011. RS3s should arrive but with an 8 week delay. Everyone who ordered one should get a new build week number very soon. I hope Audi will confirm this to customers via dealers very soon.

In the meantime, keep the faith. This going to be one amazing car.

Ordered in Scotland

So one of the first supposed "private" deliveries has been made. http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/audi...203869977.html

Need som help with dicisson.
    I have found an Brilliant Red S4 full loaded with stuff.

I cant decid if i shall cancel my Rs3 and go for the S4 avant , manuall.

Whats your thougts guys?
    im 29 years old, with wife and one child , soon 2

plz help me

Go with the RS3. Special engine, great gearbox, unrivalled driving experience. It is worth waiting for.

I don't think engine in S4 is as good. Besides, to properly equip an S4 makes it at least 20% more expensive than fully-specced RS3 - certainly in UK. I also understand that suspension of RS3 is less firm so your wife and child will enjoy the ride more, but that is someone else's opinion not mine.

Im not sure about the manuall gearbox instead of the s-tronic , only thing om à lottor concerned about , the s4 avant is fully loaded base price like 73.000 euro and he sells if or 49.000 euro 12.000 miles on the clock. Il had the q5 before and i hope the rs3 sony be to small for us , My wife likes the s4 more than the rs3 , cant just My dealer call me on tuesday and say that the rs3 is comming in july then i stick With the rs3. Am i dumb not to take the S4?

Scans of the comparison test from CAR.

the RS3 is the better, more complete car.
    Says it all really.