Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official! Audi RS 3 Sportback

Quote Originally Posted by Worldcarfans
    Well, here's an item that proves that being small and nimble has its advantages.
    According to tests by German sports car magazine Sport Auto, the BMW 1-Series M Coupe has beaten its big brother the M3 in lapping the Hockenheim.
    Sport Auto got a lap time of 1:14.1 for the 1-Series M while the quickest time around the track for the M3 (E92 M3 ZCP DCT) came in 0.1 second slower - 1:14.2.
    That's not much but still impressive.
    On the Hockenheim, the 1-Series M clocked the 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) sprint in 4.7 seconds too.
    Auto Sport also reported that the 1-Series M Coupe had a frisky tendency to spin its rear end out without the stability control engaged, but they see that as a good sign since most cars in its category would under-steer by design.
    Here's the list of Sport Auto's track times for each model tested.
    Porsche Cayman R PDK - 1:12.4
    BMW E46 M3 CSL - 1:13.5
    Porsche 987.5 Cayman S PDK - 1:13.9
    Porsche 987.5 Cayman S MT - 1:14.0
    BMW 1M Coupe - 1:14.1
    BMW E92 M3 ZCP DCT - 1:14.2
    Audi TT-RS Coupe - 1:14.3
    BMW E92 M3 6MT (Cup+ Tires) - 1:14.3
    Audi RS5 Coupe - 1:15.3
    BMW Z4 35iS - 1:16.1
    BMW 135i Coupe - 1:17.4
    What this proves is how unreliable track times really are as a reference point of a car ability. Especially when on other tracks the TTRS has slaughtered the 1M, something I expect the RS3 to also do.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

^^^ Does someone have other laptimes of 1M and TT-RS? It would be interesting to compare. Anyway, even by these results to me it seems clear that the 1M, M3 and TT-RS are at the same level. 2 fractions of a second don't mean much. A different driver, weather conditions, different number of attempts etc. could show different times.
    HKS786

Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    ^^^ Does someone have other laptimes of 1M and TT-RS? It would be interesting to compare. Anyway, even by these results to me it seems clear that the 1M, M3 and TT-RS are at the same level. 2 fractions of a second don't mean much. A different driver, weather conditions, different number of attempts etc. could show different times.
    Different days, drivers, weather, etc, all account for why the 1M is quicker than the TTRS in the recent Sportauto lap time, meaning they didn't complete their laps at the same time. On all other tests where the 1M has been put up against either the TTRS or RS3 it means to not be the shining star they (BMW and their fans) are making it out to be. Sure it's very good and on the face of it far better value than the M3 but the same could and is said about the TTRS when compared to the RS5.

Given the choice between an M3 and the 1M I would save my money and buy the 1 series but if the opinion included either the TTRS or RS3 then the smart money and mine included would go to either of the Audis. Neither of them compromise their drivability and all weather useability in the pursuit of speed.

Till now, TT-RS was quicker than 1M only in Car & Driver's test:

Eat. Breathe. Drive.

Stock TTRS vs Modded M3 from standing start.

It takes 20+ seconds before the M3 overhauls the TT, or in other words approximately 145/150mph point. Epic fail for the M3 and just goes to show that racing a quattro car from the stoplights will lead to humiliation.

Hi guys ?

Any news about the Delivery this week?

I have a question ,
    If the Production is delayed for colors other than black or white, and you have order a white car like in march " sweden" are they still waiting to produce my car even if there are lika 100 rs3 misano red before me or how does it works?

Our South African dealers have communicated that only Daytona Grey is a problem colour on the RS 3. All other colours are fine.
    2010 Audi S4 ( Ibis White ) | 2011 Audi RS 3 ( Misano Red )
    ex : 2011 Audi RS 3 ( Ibis White ) | 2010 Audi S3 (Ibis White) | 2007 Audi S3 ( Ibis White ) | 2007 Audi TT ( Ibis White ) | 2006 Audi A3 2.0T ( Brilliant Red )

Here in Sweden on audi configurator they have taken away all colcors on the rs3 without ibis white and phantomblack....

Any news from your dealers? On deutch http://a3quattro.de they are talking about no production dates att all atm.... Im canceling my RS3 this just sucks balls

Actually there are now quite some guys with deliveries between may and july on the german forums. Keep the hope up they are coming now!

Dear Friends,

the situation is tend to be getting better by mid June. (deliveries etc.)

For even more traction, a further Wheel option will be available by the end of September. The front axle Wheel setup will be 8,5x19" with special R02 255/30 R19 Tires. The back will remain 8x19" with special R02 225/35 R19 Tires.

The total quote of 3.300 Units will be sold out in a few days.

Qisha

Beware

This will definitely sort out any understeer comments levelled at the car once and for all. Though I would like to see how it would look in person before I can commit to choosing this option if I were in line to get an RS3.

Im really angry with Audi South Africa. They refuse to give us the option of the aluminium race inlay. The piano black is a really cheap and nasty finish, that does not fit in with the interior colour scheme. It will be a nighmare to keep clean, you will see the finger prints everywhere and in time the gloss will tarnish resulting in a horrible scratched surface from the cleaning. So much for the customer having a say ............... To make things worse, they insist the Sat Nav antenna will come in black not colour coded. It will be absurd to have as in my case Misano red with the black blemish on the roof. Does anyone have any ideas how to address these issues as im getting nowhere.

Qisha,

Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to this car.

Qisha, any idea when the additional wheel option will be available? I assume it's cars ordered for delivery beyond September, not a new option available in September. The latter would seem a little late in the cycle.

@ Qisha: how can one order those wheels if the quote will be sold out so soon?
    Can we expect a 'plus'?

Quote Originally Posted by windshear View Post
    Im really angry with Audi South Africa. They refuse to give us the option of the aluminium race inlay. The piano black is a really cheap and nasty finish, that does not fit in with the interior colour scheme. It will be a nighmare to keep clean, you will see the finger prints everywhere and in time the gloss will tarnish resulting in a horrible scratched surface from the cleaning. So much for the customer having a say ............... To make things worse, they insist the Sat Nav antenna will come in black not colour coded. It will be absurd to have as in my case Misano red with the black blemish on the roof. Does anyone have any ideas how to address these issues as im getting nowhere.

Windshear - I just recieved confirmation from my dealer of my order to Audi SA. It seems that we are not recieving the many of the Option's available in other countries. It is disappointing but I'm really looking forward to this vehicle. I actually called AUDI SA and had a good response from them. You can contact them to find out if there is anything that can be done... Has your dealer confirm a build week and delivery?

If build date is confirmed then not even the Pope could get your order changed.