Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: It's official! Audi RS 3 Sportback

Quote Originally Posted by Brakedust View Post
    Yes, indeed.

What spec are going for?
    Misano Red, Aluminium Styling Package, Recaros, Rain Pack, Light Pack and a few other odds and sods, However just spoken to the dealer today and the build date has slipped 2 weeks to Week 50, however he has advised that this is now definite as it has some marking of "20" against it? Apparently on the internal ordering system there is a scoring system with 10 being a variable date (which it was before) and 20 being a definite. Perhaps someone else knows something about this.

Bit of a bummer the date going back, but as I have waited for this for a year now, I dont suppose another couple of weeks is going to make too much difference

Quote Originally Posted by s3dbw View Post
    Misano Red, Aluminium Styling Package, Recaros, Rain Pack, Light Pack and a few other odds and sods, However just spoken to the dealer today and the build date has slipped 2 weeks to Week 50, however he has advised that this is now definite as it has some marking of "20" against it? Apparently on the internal ordering system there is a scoring system with 10 being a variable date (which it was before) and 20 being a definite. Perhaps someone else knows something about this.

Bit of a bummer the date going back, but as I have waited for this for a year now, I dont suppose another couple of weeks is going to make too much difference
    Mine is also scheduled for week 50, whether this happens or not I'm not sure. Suzuka Grey, Black Optic pack, Recaro's, Blinds, heated rear seats, Rear tints, plus some excuslive leather additions door cards, steering wheel and console knee thingys.. plus some other bits, Ah Cruise control and the lights.....

My original car still hasn't arrived but is supposed to be en route.. Be al heard of a memo that has gone out which mentions a potential 6-8 week delay on rs3,s once they leave the factory. Not sure why, but it maybe worth asking your dealer for clarification.

I finally got to drive an rs3 yesterday and placed a deposit on this ibis 11 plate rs3.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1501?logcode=p

Quote Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
    My original car still hasn't arrived but is supposed to be en route.. Be al heard of a memo that has gone out which mentions a potential 6-8 week delay on rs3,s once they leave the factory. Not sure why, but it maybe worth asking your dealer for clarification.

I finally got to drive an rs3 yesterday and placed a deposit on this ibis 11 plate rs3.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1501?logcode=p
    According to my dealer (dont know how true this is) but apparently all RS models take longer to deliver as they go through additional testing and generally arrive at dealers with higher mileages on the clock as a result. Perhaps those that have already received theirs can confirm whether or not the delivery mileages were higher?

regards

Quote Originally Posted by s3dbw View Post
    According to my dealer (dont know how true this is) but apparently all RS models take longer to deliver as they go through additional testing and generally arrive at dealers with higher mileages on the clock as a result. Perhaps those that have already received theirs can confirm whether or not the delivery mileages were higher?

regards
    If its exclusive it usually takes longer, but this memo was sent to dealers ith in the last couple of weeks and it was applicable to cars that were in build or due to be built.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3433593.htm

Martyn Jones is a great guy to deal with, they actually have 2 physical car in stock too

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3433547.htm

Not sure on this one

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3387803.htm

There's a lot of complete tosh being spoken about RS3 lead times. The simple fact is that the order book is choked, therefore lead times are long - so long that some dealers are pretending they're shorter than they are to hook customers. That's the bad news.

The good news is that Audi has, according to Audi UK, been stunned by the response to the RS3. It is selling so well that the original milted edition volumes have been scrapped. And now an RS3 plus is in the works too. I don't know whether production has been ramped up - it's currently built on the same line as the TT in Gyor, Hungary. But certainly, the backlog of orders is starting to clear.

Piccies from autotrader..

The car in question is a 5 month old ibis white car with
    Black styling pack
    Factory tints
    Sight and light
    Electric lumbar support
    Electric front seats
    Cruise control
    Bose
    Folding wing mirrors

and a couple of other things

This particular car was up for 42k, so just less than list, but as I've just sold the TTRS i don't have a car to part exchange so I've managed to secure a discount on the asking price, moreso as they needed the car off their forecourt ASAP.

If rs3 plus is released then I'll sell this one and order the plus which again will probably be delayed etc etc..

Before none ask what happened to the Racing Mica RS3 I had on order, well it's still not arrived and I sold my order a few weeks ago for a tidy profit.

Better photos to follow

I've been offered a Suzuka grey RS3 from a cancelled order that's due to arrive in the UK sometime in December. Has anyone got a picture of any Audi in Suzuka grey? I'd like to see what it looks like. Thanks.

I've been offered a Suzuka grey RS3 from a cancelled order that's due to arrive in the UK sometime in December. Has anyone got a picture of any Audi in Suzuka grey? I'd like to see what it looks like. Thanks.
    Have a look here...lot to go at.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=SUZ...w=1920&bih=999

And also here...

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/19...r-Suzuka-Grey-!

im not sure if these are Ibis or Suzuka, nit im sure it is Suzuka

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/ga...erior&start=72

Hmmm. Not sure Suzuka Grey is anything more than white with a spec of black in it. Why were no blues offered, Audi? If I get one, it will be Daytona Grey, Phantom Black, or Missano Red. Anyway, it's the car itself that matters not the colour. Have just heard that Audi has doubled production from 2,500 units to 5,000. There will also be an RS3 plus with 360 bhp. I think it'll be lighter too.

Hmmm. Not sure Suzuka Grey is anything more than white with a spec of black in it. Why were no blues offered, Audi? If I get one, it will be Daytona Grey, Phantom Black, or Missano Red. Anyway, it's the car itself that matters not the colour. Have just heard that Audi has doubled production from 2,500 units to 5,000. There will also be an RS3 plus with 360 bhp. I think it'll be lighter too.
    according to Kirsty at the RS team the RS3 Plus wont be coming to the UK, but im still putting a deposit down on one this next week

And knowing Audi I bet there will be a handsome premium to pay for those extra 20 horses in an RS3 plus!

Hmmm. Not sure Suzuka Grey is anything more than white with a spec of black in it.
    Not so. It is the world's first pearl white that is made without the required use of a top pearl (mid) coat. Has the effects of a tri-coat system with the application advantage of a regular base coat, clear coat system. Looks great in real life, pics do not do it justice.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Hey all and thanks for good info sofar.

I ordered my Rs3 from a swedish audi dealer in august. Haven't heard anything about when I would get it until a week ago where i got an email saying the building date for my rs3 is week 20. So with my calculations i probably have my car in mid june something. I think this is really bad handled by my dealer and audi not being able to give me a more clear view. What do you guys think I should do, I really want the rs3 but maybe its better to wait for the rs3+? Has Rs3+ been confirmed by anyone yet or is it just a rumor.

Thankful for your ideas.
    cheers

Just heard from the dealer that the car is now built and awaiting shipment, so given the usual 4-6 weeks between build and delivery, looking at the beginning of Feb for delivery, thats 14 months from order to delivery!

Don't worry about the wait, it is worth it. The more you drive the car, the more you want to drive the car. It is intensely fast and totally addictive.

I had a four hour drive yesterday from the North of England to London. Half of it was country roads, the other half was on motorways. It was pouring with rain. Driving the RS3 in these conditions was just like driving it on a perfect day. I scything past slower vehicles on country roads. Our single carriageway speed limit is 60 mph (100 kph) and i was able to maintain a speed close to this throughout my journey. The RS3 never puts a wheel wrong.

Man, that engine sound is incredible. The kids love the noise and the shove of the acceleration. What a car!