Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What rims should i get?

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Sweet. Thanks.

On the car, shot a pic in the dealer's lot, it's all I have. Car is getting $9k of service right now

Gunmetal powdercoat with matte finish, painted the centercaps to match with GM dark silver metallic from AutoZone.

Nobody likes my winter wheel setup. Boo. I thought they came out pretty kewl.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post

On the car, shot a pic in the dealer's lot, it's all I have. Car is getting $9k of service right now

Gunmetal powdercoat with matte finish, painted the centercaps to match with GM dark silver metallic from AutoZone.
    i like THAT! Minus the salt...
    Is that $9k thanks to Bambi?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    Are those MOTIV calipers?
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Thanks Ben. I feel validated. I'm a fan of powdercoat because it's like teflon. No wheel machine or fumbled wrench can chip or scratch it.

When I get the beast back, I'll update the full list of work its had to endure since deermaggedon 2010. It will be completely perfect (better, in terms of paint) but it's nuts. Thank you Fidelity and USAA.

Got to agree, looks good in the gunmetal.

the salt has to go LOL - Who am i to talk !!
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

I love it...titanium...my caps came out a little darker as had to be done at a body shop but looks fine in person. My TT wheels i have done in Nimbus and they look awesome...I will never go back to silver on these two cars.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I think it's time to clean the garage. Hardee har har.

Agree, always loved the fives... mmaturo has a set of imported OEMs from the RS6+ he's going to sell me some day. Right, Mark?
    I missed this before...you may get lucky later this year...if things go right the beasty may be replaced by an R8 or RS5. Not sure if i want to keep it (knowing a transmission is out there in my future invariably) or trade her in for what little i can get out of it.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Who did the powdercoating?

Quote Originally Posted by twinsteve View Post
    Who did the powdercoating?
    There's a shop semi-local to me -- J&J Powerdercoating in Zion, IL.

Father & son business, sprint car racers, do lots of harley stuff. Not fancy by any means, but a smoking deal, $80 to strip and coat per wheel (Some other knob quoted me $250 each to strip and paint them!)

I would call around to your local shops and get quotes. Prices vary widely.

The place I am taking my spare set this week charges 75 to sandblast and powdercoat and 90 to sandblast, refinish(scuffs, curb rash, scratches) and powdercoat. They do great work.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    I missed this before...you may get lucky later this year...if things go right the beasty may be replaced by an R8 or RS5. Not sure if i want to keep it (knowing a transmission is out there in my future invariably) or trade her in for what little i can get out of it.
    Oh, yes. Here's to hoping to things going right. But the deal should be sealed over beers at the Billy Goat or Millennium Bar. Your choice.

Yes, for 80 they sanded out the nasty rash the original owner had applied to all four. They look new. They did say sandblasting the audi primer didn't work that well, it's really stubborn, they had to hand-strip them in the end or risk pitting the hell out them -- took a lot more time than they estimated for, but they aren't the kind of people to ask for more money than they said they would.

Yes, for 80 they sanded out the nasty rash the original owner had applied to all four. They look new. They did say sandblasting the audi primer didn't work that well, it's really stubborn, they had to hand-strip them in the end or risk pitting the hell out them -- took a lot more time than they estimated for, but they aren't the kind of people to ask for more money than they said they would.
    Yeah, the primer Audi uses on their wheels is like cheese, its very thick and soft. It's great for filling imperfections (the aluminum used for most of their wheels is pretty porous), but it's terrible to work with.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

lately i've been playing with the wheel configurations here...

http://www.modularewheels.com/

I like the M13's but probably without the ring bolts.....look kind of busy

Quote Originally Posted by gmbh6 View Post
    lately i've been playing with the wheel configurations here...

http://www.modularewheels.com/

I like the M13's but probably without the ring bolts.....look kind of busy

That looks like a brake dust nightmare... just saying...

One of those bolts at the top is sticking out!! Needs fastening!