Thread: Is this Water / Methanol kit any good? or is it garbage?

Is this Water / Methanol kit any good? or is it garbage?

http://www.aemelectronics.com/water-...ne-engines-51/

Just wondering if anyone ever did this, or is this just a waste of money?

Paul in the UK did this on his RS6 and it made a huge difference... There is a thread on AudiSRS or RS246 somewhere, I'll try and find it a post for you.
    RS6 Avant, Miltek Res, ITG's, APR R1's, PSS 9's, H&R Sway Bars and Wangers intercoolers in the post.....

Of course, if you install any AEM parts, it's required that you install a "shocker" sticker somewhere on the vehicle. I'm serious, it's a federal law that was pushed through by the rice lobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Of course, if you install any AEM parts, it's required that you install a "shocker" sticker somewhere on the vehicle. I'm serious, it's a federal law that was pushed through by the rice lobbyists.

Oh, that's what that is? I was wondering why all these honda badged acura's were driving around with the image of a turkey trying to bite it's own ass in the window.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Is this Water / Methanol kit any good? or is it garbage?

i did this on my mr2turbo...it worked pretty well... especially in the summer. I didn't have the dyno numbers to prove it, but i'm sold on the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ntrcptr View Post
    i did this on my mr2turbo...it worked pretty well... especially in the summer. I didn't have the dyno numbers to prove it, but i'm sold on the idea.
    I'll be doing an Aquamist or Snow Performance kit in the spring. No need to do it now with winter approaching.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I'll be doing an Aquamist

that was the brand i had...i stil have it on my "duece".. too bad it aint runnin

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post

Isn't a fart can also FEDERALLY required with AEM and shocker sticker?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Isn't a fart can also FEDERALLY required with AEM and shocker sticker?
    Or two if you have a 350z...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Steve View Post
    Paul in the UK did this on his RS6 and it made a huge difference... There is a thread on AudiSRS or RS246 somewhere, I'll try and find it a post for you.
    Was this used in conjunction with any other power adders? (chip?)
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Was this used in conjunction with any other power adders? (chip?)

hmmm... APR chip woud do we with this... but do researh a little about the effect of methenol on the internal seals.. i recall somethin about it

ntrcptr - use the "reply with quote" button. Also, what seals would be in contact with the intake air? MAF seals?
    Quote Originally Posted by ntrcptr View Post
    hmmm... APR chip woud do we with this... but do researh a little about the effect of methenol on the internal seals.. i recall somethin about it
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Let's make it a party!
    Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I'll be doing an Aquamist or Snow Performance kit in the spring. No need to do it now with winter approaching.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Let's make it a party!
    Off with the lock support again! You still want those tires? I'm going to have to burn them to keep warm pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Off with the lock support again! You still want those tires? I'm going to have to burn them to keep warm pretty soon.
    ha ha. Don't burn them. I still want them. I should get the money sent huh? Ya lock support off, who knows, maybe I'll need to replace an accesory or something.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    ha ha. Don't burn them. I still want them. I should get the money sent huh? Ya lock support off, who knows, maybe I'll need to replace an accesory or something.
    No worries, I had completely forgotten about them until last weekend when I moved my hoard of wheels and tires to the shed for the winter. They're tucked away until you need them.

I have had an Aquamist kit on my 996 Turbo for 2 years ...no issues. I have taken advantage of plug changes to look at pistons and cylinder,etc...no issues....