Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ethanol Free Gas Stations? Really?

Ethanol Free Gas Stations? Really?

The one's in my NC and VA are all to far for me to consider. The closest one to me is 1hr away but if you see some near you check it out and see if it is real.

http://pure-gas.org/

Only 2 in AZ....both hours away. Dammit

EPA is looking at 15 even 20% blends are coming down the pipe. Got to keep feeding that corn subsidy monster.

dont get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Only 2 in AZ....both hours away. Dammit

EPA is looking at 15 even 20% blends are coming down the pipe. Got to keep feeding that corn subsidy monster.

dont get me started.
    E15 I think has already been approved. 15% ethanol. I will have to drive the 73 Vette to the ethanol free station! If/ when they go to 20% any car older than 2008 will not be able to run it. Get ready to upgrade or walk.

I will drive the motorhome every day. Let them put corn in diesel.

I will drive the motorhome every day. Let them put corn in diesel.
    There is an option. The R2 is suppose to be diesel so Ill be good. VW has plenty of older diesel's on the market as well.

Looks like Eastwood wants to compete with BND and Aces. Haha

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s-f...ve-system.html

Dont worry, ethanol water separation is nothing to worry about folks. Who cares about the fuel components in the RS6.

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/...from-10-now-/1

Ethanol is green fuel? Really

http://www.naturalnews.com/027815_ethanol_gasoline.html
    Last edited by DHall1; October 20th, 2010 at 06:52.

um....... there seems to be a state or two missing.....
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

NJ -uggghh-at least we have Christie.

I know of 3 stations in my town that sell ethanol-free gasoline. It is in Premium form. This is also reffered to as "non-oxygenated" gas. The oxygenate used elsewhere is Ethanol. Other oxygenates include methanol, isopropyl alcohol, and butane. Ethanol is the cheapest to produce compared to the alternatives, and that's why it is used to mix in the gasoline. It also burns the most similarly as gas campared to the others.

In central and northern MN, many station offer ethanol-free gas. On the pump it usually states that it is to be used in collector vehicles, ATV's, snowmobiles, and other small gas engines ONLY, with the "only" literally bold and capitalized on the sticker. This rule/law is not enforced. In this area, there is a high useage of ATV's and snowmobiles. This is the only gas I use in my cars, and there is even an ethanol plant in my town.

Edit: that pure gas link above dosen't have even a quarter the stations that it is available at up here.
    Last edited by 4everRS; October 20th, 2010 at 16:04.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

You can always use the defense that "my car is a collector car, rare and expensive, and that cheap shit won't do". I mean, it IS true...lol.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Looks like Eastwood wants to compete with BND and Aces. Haha

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s-f...ve-system.html

Dont worry, ethanol water separation is nothing to worry about folks. Who cares about the fuel components in the RS6.

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/...from-10-now-/1

Ethanol is green fuel? Really

http://www.naturalnews.com/027815_ethanol_gasoline.html
    I got the USA Today last week in my hotel room in LA and considered starting this thread but never did. My question is this: How about our friends elsewhere like in the EU, Australia, Dubai, Taiwan, etc.... is this happening there too?

Oh and Dave I will get you my logs when I can. I only had a couple days at home and barely drove the car. How about this -- on Tuesday 11/2 I will go vote, go to work locally (for a change), go to Pat's and get some logs and than go home and watch the slaughter on TV. Sounds like a well rounded day to me.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Dave, do you have Revo logs yet? I will be getting that tune soon, and would be happy to log some blocks for everyone.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

That will be great to see Josh. Better change your sig!
    Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Dave, do you have Revo logs yet? I will be getting that tune soon, and would be happy to log some blocks for everyone.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Lol, and with freshly Resealed stock junk intercoolers to boot!

Nice. Will it be a DIY or a radiator repair shop?
    Lol, and with freshly Resealed stock junk intercoolers to boot!

It was DIY. Lots of pinholes between the bars and now they hold a bar, lol. But seriously, it was pretty easy. Seeing how about half of the spaces had leaks, I went ahead and carefully drilled between ALL the bars. Then I inverted a ziplok, mixed j-b weld, flipped it right side out and cut the tip, making a kind of makeshift cake decorating bag. Great for filling in the holes with j-b, and easy clean up.

PM sent. Lets chat about this

Just vote! Vote early. Vote often. Vote, vote, vote.

Ethanol is making the rounds around the world. There is no reason for the change and we are taking food off the table for many people around the world. And we are further cutting down vital rain forests to grow corn for Ethanol. How crazy. Corn is to eat and drink and feed farm animals.

No problem on your logs.

Quote Originally Posted by JRS-RS6 View Post
    I got the USA Today last week in my hotel room in LA and considered starting this thread but never did. My question is this: How about our friends elsewhere like in the EU, Australia, Dubai, Taiwan, etc.... is this happening there too?

Oh and Dave I will get you my logs when I can. I only had a couple days at home and barely drove the car. How about this -- on Tuesday 11/2 I will go vote, go to work locally (for a change), go to Pat's and get some logs and than go home and watch the slaughter on TV. Sounds like a well rounded day to me.