Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ethanol Free Gas Stations? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    I know of 3 stations in my town that sell ethanol-free gasoline. It is in Premium form. This is also reffered to as "non-oxygenated" gas. The oxygenate used elsewhere is Ethanol. Other oxygenates include methanol, isopropyl alcohol, and butane. Ethanol is the cheapest to produce compared to the alternatives, and that's why it is used to mix in the gasoline. It also burns the most similarly as gas campared to the others.

In central and northern MN, many station offer ethanol-free gas. On the pump it usually states that it is to be used in collector vehicles, ATV's, snowmobiles, and other small gas engines ONLY, with the "only" literally bold and capitalized on the sticker. This rule/law is not enforced. In this area, there is a high useage of ATV's and snowmobiles. This is the only gas I use in my cars, and there is even an ethanol plant in my town.

Edit: that pure gas link above dosen't have even a quarter the stations that it is available at up here.
    The site relies on user input. If you don't see it on the list you can add it.

I found a station near me that sales ethanol free gas. I found it after having my Vette's fuel tank drained after the wife got some bad gas. The mech told me that my car needed ethanol free gas, I said I wish I could find a station that sales 100% gasoline, he said go down past the Coast Guard station, the first gas station on the left is good old mogas as we called it in the Army. Im in heaven right now.

This is just depressing. Why do we subsidize everything? Corn is for eating and drinking. Wheat supply is low because all the damn farmers want to grow is corn because the price is sky high. Why the hell do we even have this crap? Study after study have bunked the entire idea.

Why cant we do more than one thing at a time? I am never going to buy a hybrid but I dont care if others do. Why force everyone to comply to one way of doing business? Is this the Borg or something? Make all the E10, E15, E20, and E85 you want, all the flex fuels and hybrid cars you want but sale them next to the stuff I want. Put all those Green fuels together at one station right next to a regular gas station. Like BK and McD. I want V8's and mogas period.