Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For once everything is running well...

Those "winters" look like they could claw through most anything adverse or not!!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

You should see the hills around here in the winter. Those were the cheapest wheels on Tirerack in that size, and considering that I thought they looked pretty cool for Merc knock-offs.

O/T -My hometown is Seattle - born/raised.
    The city can handle all the rain you can dump on it...
    Seattle can NOT handle any snow as it is a rather hilly city also. People drive like a$$es and leave their brains at home in a box when driving in snow there, or any where.
    I couldn't imagine if it snowed here in So Cal...
    Funny thing here is: people actually drive faster when it rains. I am not suggesting you have to drive 30mph on the highway when it is raining...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Went to the dyno (mustang) yesterday and did 3 quick pulls, but unfortunately don't have the most exciting numbers.

First pull was the best at 402wtq 363whp. They had one small fan blowing on the rad and the car instantly heat-soaked. The second and third runs lost 15-20tq/hp successively. At first I was pretty disappointed, but it looks like the car started cutting boost significantly at around 5000rpm and that does not happen on the road. I've always remarked at how sensitive the car seems to temperature, now I'm wondering if the ECU was playing it safe. Time to do some logging!

I also have some good news...

ETA Friday. Giggity!

Send me a PM with your email. I would be happy to inspect some data logs.

Quote Originally Posted by dmross View Post
    Went to the dyno (mustang) yesterday and did 3 quick pulls, but unfortunately don't have the most exciting numbers.

First pull was the best at 402wtq 363whp. They had one small fan blowing on the rad and the car instantly heat-soaked. The second and third runs lost 15-20tq/hp successively. At first I was pretty disappointed, but it looks like the car started cutting boost significantly at around 5000rpm and that does not happen on the road. I've always remarked at how sensitive the car seems to temperature, now I'm wondering if the ECU was playing it safe. Time to do some logging!