Thread: EPL RS6 4.2TT Upgrade Kit

EPL RS6 4.2TT Upgrade Kit

Just wondering if anybody here has tried this kit ?

http://www.eplabs.net/products/vag/r...t-upgrade-kit/

Unleash the beast

Automobile Magazine said in 2003 about the RS6: “So seamless is its power that the RS6’s terminal velocity seems defined by an aerodynamic wall rather than a speed limiter.”
    They have never driven an EPL RS6. This kit is intended for an already modified car, with exhaust & intercoolers, and an uprated torque converter. We can help you select transmission upgrades that will hold the power without sacrificing the luxury your RS6 is known for.
    We start with two turbochargers, modified with a larger compressor wheel and modified exhaust wheel. The wastegates are also upgraded to allow for higher boost pressure. Then eight Bosch Motorsport fuel injectors are installed in place of the factory units. This gives us the headroom to make serious power with safe air/fuel ratios. An Aquamist water injection system is installed to cool the mixture and allow for an aggressive tune even on pump fuel.
    The end result is a 4,100lb cruise missile. With over 540ft/lb of torque at the wheels available at 3500rpm, this kit produces acceleration that will impress even the most jaded enthusiasts.
    Gains

+150-180 whp over stock
    +80-100 whp over our stage 1 reflash

+210 ft/lb over stock
    +140 ft/lb over our stage 1 reflash

I smell a battle of the crayons.

Have emailed them for specifications about turbos.....

540 torque to the wheels is a lot considering the weakness of the transmissions. If they have the numbers im curious is they already have a test car that has all this work done already. EPL is well known in the B5 s4 world. Ill probably have to shoot them an email. I just got my wagner intercoolers so turbos to match in the future would be nice.

I saw a new set of "uprated" turbos on ebay.de, sorry but I didn't save the link and can't find it now(was $2..something K). Blouch Turbo also does the compressor/turbine upgrade to your existing gear for $800-1200 depending on their condition (if a rebuild is needed or not). I'm considering this at a later date (too much $$$ spent on the beast in the last 6 months says wifey) as I first have to send the trans to Tozo( I know, I procrastinate too much).
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

I don't know of anyone local that has stepped up for the full monty, but I have seen many fast RS6's come out of the shop. EPL is my tuner for my 996 turbo. My car is fairly fast for the minimal amount of mods I have so far. As we all know, it is all in the tuning, and Tony is very good. I don't know what this hybrid turbo is, but I am betting it is something like the new Alpha 28, and I believe there are already a couple out there now....