Thread: Your Opinion Pllease!!

Your Opinion Pllease!!

Thinking of Blacking out the Grill. I temporarily Blacked it out with Blackout Trim tape. What do you guys think? Should I or Shouldn't I ..........

Before

After

03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

I like it blacked out...My less than .03 worth
    210K miles rolled

I personally think........it needs more clear corner. I like the before picture, but that's just my bland opinion. I think that I'm going to be the last guy with brushed aluminum trim, and start that trend all over again. If you like the black optics, keep going. It's reversible.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Original looks classy.

I don't think the blacked out grill and brushed mirrors flow well.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Looks too much like a crown Vic cop car IMHO. I like the factory ai. +1 clear those corners.

I like my silver trim.

If you are thinking black optics, I personally think it doesn't look right until it's all done. This is coming from the guy that did his in stages.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Looks too much like a crown Vic cop car IMHO. I like the factory ai. +1 clear those corners.
    Yeah, I was concerned about that Crown Victoria Police car look. But it seems that most of today's sports oriented cars seem to come with Blacked out Grills. I myself have conflicting views, sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't. I have to admit though the Blacked out look is starting to grow on me. As far as clear corners are concerned, I am waiting to do my first Timing Belt Job. At which point after the bumper removal I can remove the lights and get rid of those orange markers. Thanks to all of you I greatly value your opinions, after all were all one big RS6 family.

03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Like it silver, need Clear Corner
    SOLD - 2003 RS6 Black on Black / SE / Solar / Carbon / APR ECU + TCU / Wagner Intercoolers / Fog light delete / RNS-E / LED tails / Clear Corners / Sportek Cooling / itg filters /

Mine came from the factory like that (Black Optics Pack) and I like it
    RS6 Avant, Miltek Res, ITG's, APR R1's, PSS 9's, H&R Sway Bars and Wangers intercoolers in the post.....

I like black optics. Do it!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail