Thread: Water on the floor in turns

Water on the floor in turns

Have any of you experienced water coming from the lower vents on the center column onto your feet when taking a turn. I know with other cars it would seem to be an evaporator issue but the AC seems to be working fine with no smell or issues. Just curious if others have had this problem. I am in Fla where there is a lot of humidity so not sure if that could cause it as well.
    Thoughts?
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

What temp and fan speed did you have it on when this occurred?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

The temp was in the high 60s and the fan was on auto
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

This sounds like the cowl seal. You should notice it more on the passenger side. A little odd that you may be noticing in on the drivers side.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I was thinking it might be condensation inside the AC ducts? When i was in Florida this summer and it was hot as balls, i didnt notice any water coming from the lower vents, but i did see ALOT of condensation on the upper vents and fins and whatnot. Had to wipe it all down and turn the ac up and roll down the windows...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    I was thinking it might be condensation inside the AC ducts? When i was in Florida this summer and it was hot as balls, i didnt notice any water coming from the lower vents, but i did see ALOT of condensation on the upper vents and fins and whatnot. Had to wipe it all down and turn the ac up and roll down the windows...
    I'm thinking this, too. There's a condensation drain that is somewhat to the right of the pass side center footwell duct. It's basically a flapper that could get stuck or plugged and cause the condensation to pool up and drain out the ducts.

The only quock pic I could find is of one of my B5 S4 projects. The hole with the daylight shining through is the approximate location of where the drain is located. You should be able to see it from underneath the car. Maybe. . .

Its definetly the condensate building up and the drain is clogged...i had the exact same problem in my RS6 and every Audi for that matter. There is a drain tube that can get clogged...its pretty much exactly where the pic above shows it. I had dealer clear it under warranty though a year or two ago.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Ok, I THINK i found the sunroof drains on either side of the lower A-Pillar/door hinges - my drain tubes are green(?) and I haven't tested them for water running thru..
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Ok, I THINK i found the sunroof drains on either side of the lower A-Pillar/door hinges - my drain tubes are green(?) and I haven't tested them for water running thru..
    Yup, those be them.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's