Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S7 and R8 "RS"

With the Paris Auto Show just a few weeks away, rumors have begun to swirl surrounding Audi’s planned showpieces. Alternating every other year with Frankfurt, these two auto shows are THE major European events opposite the calendar with Geneva. Thus far the only confirmed reveal from Ingolstadt is the Audi A7 and that car was already shown in person at and event in Munich last month. Given Audi is normally good for 1-3 model reveals and often a concept at a major auto show, it’s no surprise that theories on the concept (we’ve read R4 e-tron Roadster on one site) or production cars (we’ve read S1 on another site) are surfacing. We’ve begun pressing sources for some insight on what else might be see and we’ve received one answer we hadn’t heard before… the S7.
    Full Story
    07' Boxster S
    10' S550 Sport
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder

looks beautiful - but i don't think it's comming to paris ...

also the S1 is not comming - the official Paris Webpage corrected their new models - now it's just A7 Sportback, R8 GT and R8 V8 Spyder

Now that looks good!

Dear Friends,

in a last minute decision, the board decided to cancel the S1 to be revealed at Paris. Instead the A1 1.4 TSI 180 HP will be shown.

Good thing, the S1 will be re-engineered as the previous concept has been withdrawn.

Qisha

It's become very confusing now... Firstly S7, then ''no S7''; S8 - who knows, but if we are to believe in that official announcement on the Paris Autoshow website - then NO! S1 - withdrawn! RS3 - no confirmation! Quattro Anniversario? Probably not, as it happens to be ''just'' e-tron spyder concept (who cares!!!)...
    What promised to be very big show for Audi, is becoming very modest as it is at the moment!

S8 is due before the S7 anyway. there'll be that concept car seen recently.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

in a last minute decision, the board decided to cancel the S1 to be revealed at Paris. Instead the A1 1.4 TSI 180 HP will be shown.

Good thing, the S1 will be re-engineered as the previous concept has been withdrawn.

Qisha
    Thanks - that was also my information...

Press release.

The Audi A1 1.4 TFSI (136 kW)

· Audi presents new top engine version for the Audi A1 at the Paris Motor Show

· 1.4 TFSI engine with 185 hp and 250 Nm
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

Qisha
    I hope will be re-engineered with more power to challenge Mini Cooper S JCW & DS3 Racing and will come with AWD

Was the decision not already taken that the A1 wouldn't be offered with quattro? Maybe this decision only applied to the normal A1 and not the S1 and hopefully RS1. Though would awd really benefit such small cars in the same way as they do the bigger models? And another thing, what extra power would be need to counter the mechanical resistance and extra weight of have awd instead of just fwd?

the 1.8 was going to be the S1, but i think they decided to not call it that. i bet piech himself vetoed it at the last minute. at least someone has sense of continuity over there. S means sport. audi is quattro. think about it people.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

will we finally see S7 with 400 hp and S8 with 500 hp? when?

24,250 euros for the A1 185hp model, are they serious? That is big big money for what is a very small car, it makes me question whether this leaves enough room for them to offer an S or RS variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Press release.

The Audi A1 1.4 TFSI (136 kW)

· Audi presents new top engine version for the Audi A1 at the Paris Motor Show

· 1.4 TFSI engine with 185 hp and 250 Nm
    185 hp OMG I can´t wait! BOOOOOOOOOOORING! We want 600 hp twinturbo flamethrowing MTF´s!
    RATTRacing.com