Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    Removing the pre cats is a good thing, welcome to the club : ) did you relocate the oxygen sensors, or have them coded out? I did the later on mine.
    They're coded out on my Viper tune, although I probably should have relocated them for when I reinstall my stock ecu for dealer warranty visits. I'll just have to install some O2 sensor spacers somewhere down the line. So Eurocharged was able to shut off the DTC's for the secondary O2's for you? They were unable to do that at the time I was dealing with them.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Pat for President.

Wonderful pics, Pres Pat! So, from what I can see, you CAN replace the pass. side VC gasket. Where the subframe front bolts removed or just loosened? What about the pass. side engine mount, untouched or removed? Thanks again for your endless sacrifice and input to the board (You 2 Dave)
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by snoopra View Post
    Wonderful pics, Pres Pat! So, from what I can see, you CAN replace the pass. side VC gasket. Where the subframe front bolts removed or just loosened? What about the pass. side engine mount, untouched or removed? Thanks again for your endless sacrifice and input to the board (You 2 Dave)
    Stop, I'm blushing.... The cradle remained attached to the engine/trans mounts. I removed the cradle bolts that fasten it to the body, then lowered the engine/trans/cradle/suspension about 6" as an assembly.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I want to join the club too. Honestly when I come off the road for some PTO i have some catching up to do...........
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JRS-RS6 View Post
    I want to join the club too. Honestly when I come off the road for some PTO i have some catching up to do...........
    I am talking mid December if you can make the time to hook up.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Pat has got my vote for sure!
    I gutted the pre-cats on a spare pair of downpipes & it is a pain. I've been trying to get indy shop(s) to install the downpipes w/o engine pull. Maybe I will share your work. Also, our expert transmission guy TozoM8 was good enough to share his method which is done with car on lift. Requires supports under trans. & engine. Not sure if you have to unbolt upper strut mounts or disconnect prop shaft.

Guys, got the "look" from the Mrs., need to wrap up the Beast projects ASAP(She's in pieces in the car port). These recent projects helped decide many MODS I had in mind (tear), I'll be posting pics and details when completed.
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    -------

How does everyone feel the Milltek larger downpipes and high flow pre cats would compare to gutted stock pre cats?
    '03 Audi RS6 | 034 Motorsports Stage 2 ECU + TCU | PSS9 Coil over shocks/springs | Hotchkis sway bars | Milltek exhaust systems/downpipes/cats | Hyperboost DV | Venair hoses | 034 Snub mount | 034 Density control arms

Bigger is better for turbo engines Not sure about the hi flo pre-cats.

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    How does everyone feel the Milltek larger downpipes and high flow pre cats would compare to gutted stock pre cats?
    I don't feel its worth the money, but then again, I am on a budget.

Do you reckon you could do wastegates with this method too?

When I bought my car, it came with a non-resonated Milltek with Milltek larger downpipes and high flow cats. I've always wondered how well the high flow cats flow compared to gutted stock cars. I used to have a 3000GT VR-4 and when I gutted the pre-cats on it, it made a pretty big difference in spool time.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I don't feel its worth the money, but then again, I am on a budget.
    Luckily, I never had a pay a dime for all of my updates, because some kid with some of the family $$ did all the upgrades and sold it 6 months later to get an R8. I paid book value for the RS6 regardless of all of the modifications.

@v8weight - nice pictures and descriptions!
    '03 Audi RS6 | 034 Motorsports Stage 2 ECU + TCU | PSS9 Coil over shocks/springs | Hotchkis sway bars | Milltek exhaust systems/downpipes/cats | Hyperboost DV | Venair hoses | 034 Snub mount | 034 Density control arms

Where do you go to get your car inspected?? For emissions

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Where do you go to get your car inspected?? For emissions
    No emissions testing in MN

No cats, no inspections, no problem

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    -------

Wowza!!! That's about all that can be said... The Audi techs need to take a class from you....00
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Wowza!!! That's about all that can be said... The Audi techs need to take a class from you....00
    Thanks Randy. Still patiently awaiting your call. Every time I receive a call, I have to tell them to try back later, as Randy could ring any minute.....