Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: FOR SALE (finally): 6 Speed 01E Adapter Kit for the C5 RS6

UrS6,

With a very conservative "chipped" tune it is absolutely a beast. (400awhp/440awtq at the wheels) If it wasn't a one off, I'd sell my Avant and daily the RS6. Tall 6th gear has little pull until 80mph but makes for quiet cruising and great fuel mileage. Click into 4th or 5th at any highway speed and instant torpedo. There is definiately more of the engine's power getting to the ground with a manual versus auto. Auto is probably quicker out of a hole on a launch (with me driving the stick) as I don't launch (aka abuse the tranny), the manual is superior in every other regard IMO. LWFW is not an issue with a custom tune, throttle blips, heel toe, etc are smooth and seamless, it acts like a stock MT car.

I know you were asking ttboost, but I had to interject. ;-) It's my new favorite car!

I'll add my .02. I think I may be in love with my car again...maybe.

Spent some time on the Mustang dyno, but we still have a little tuning to do, but gonna drive it this weekend some more, now that we fixed some glitches due to my bigger wastegates.
    We ran out of injector at 4400rpm's with the stock FPR (16lbs of boost). Stuck a 5bar in and ran out of injector at or just over 5200. Going to upgrade injectors next week and keep tuning. Making way more power than I thought it would and feels good so far...likely a combination of getting some driveline loss back and full catless "testpipes"...
    it's fair to say it is WAYYY more fun to drive and MUCH faster.
    2013 Audi S8

I think I'm running about 10lbsof boost, any more spins up the CM stage 3 clutch. I can't wait for a real clutch and 15psi!

What tune do you have that only adds 1 or 2lbs of boost?
    2013 Audi S8

I'm guessing at the boost. 12psi tune was hitting 485-500awtq on AMD's MD500 (a true heartbreaker) and spinning up the clutch badly so it's down to 440awtq and the clutch holds fine. It's an AMD custom tune. It'll be over a year before I can do what I want power wise to the car, my track car needs attention (full cage and probably turbos soon).

I'm corrected, it's running 11psi.

Interesting conversation about the clutches. I think I've always felt some light slip/shudder in my auto when giving it full beans. My Revo sps goes up a pound or two in boost increments, one good thing about it.

Sounds like fun there, y'all are getting some serious power.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Just got back from a little drive...wow..thats fun...shoulda done this 2 years ago...

We're not done tuning, so I'd rather not shout out numbers that really mean nothing...once I get injectors in it, we'll see what we can do...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    I'm corrected, it's running 11psi.
    That's great power for 11lbs of boost.
    2013 Audi S8

12 taper 10 from the source. The "11" was from someone watching the dyno tuning. That's my final answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    I think I'm running about 10lbsof boost, any more spins up the CM stage 3 clutch. I can't wait for a real clutch and 15psi!
    so what clutch are you going to go with then? this is still a big questionI I have.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Brav, I'm going with an "AMD" clutch. It's a Clutch Masters clutch, self adjusting single disk that Jason specefied for use on their big power B5 S4's, many having 600+awhp and tq. I'm not sure it can be purchased directly from clutch masters. This is about all I know. Best to contact AMD, Jason can tell you more.

I have a South Bend Stage 3 "street" clutch waiting to go into my RS6. Anyone have feedback on this particular unit?

This is what's currently installed on my old car. Now Jason's. From what I can tell, it's ok for stock levels but not ok for anything else.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    This is what's currently installed on my old car. Now Jason's. From what I can tell, it's ok for stock levels but not ok for anything else.
    Yes, this is true. I did a lot of homework regarding my clutch decision. I spoke to Clutchmasters, South Bend, Spec, etc...

Everyone told me that to hold the power we wanted,(500whp), I needed a dual disc clutch, minimum, anywhere between $2000-$3500. Spec was the only one that had a single disc setup that would hold the power, without sacrificing drivability.

I bought the Spec Stage 3+, which a lot of B5 S4 guys use for 500+whp. The first 500 miles were a little chattery taking off and in reverse, but now at 700-800 miles or so, it's minty and I have no regrets. At only around $1000-$1200 or so, very affordable too. We'll see how long it lasts. Don't plan on living at the dragstrip either. Anyone local wants to try it...let me know...
    2013 Audi S8

I don't think a twin disc setup will work with Stephen's custom flywheel, or will it??
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    I don't think a twin disc setup will work with Stephen's custom flywheel, or will it??
    I'm pretty sure it will not. Compatibility cross references with the 2.7T setups.

Unless there is a twin disc setup for the stock flywheel?
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    I'm pretty sure it will not. Compatibility cross references with the 2.7T setups.

Unless there is a twin disc setup for the stock flywheel?
    All the twin disc setups I've seen use a smaller circumference bolt hole configuration, so yeah. Custom flywheel.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth