Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FOR SALE (finally): 6 Speed 01E Adapter Kit for the C5 RS6

Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
    Someone please install a Stasis center diff or similar (JHM) and let's see some burnouts! ha ha... http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis...e-p-17561.html
    I have a 4:1 center dif, per Steve. When I get the car back from AMD, I'll do up some acceleration and dash videos.

The car has to be buttoned up as the intercoolers are being rebuilt due to bad leaking (new cores are being welded between the stock end tanks). The IC rebuild is more affordable than any aftermarket option and will have more flow than stock as the cores are thicker. We're doing the same number of charge rows as stock, 14, but apparently there can be as many as 17 charge rows for yet more flow but I didn't want to wait 2 months for the custom cores to be built, not to mention the extra cost. Also, I never plan on running meth so I'd prefer better cooling to maximum flow. Lastly, we are keeping the boost down on my car for now as one turbo seems to be nearing the end of its life as evidenced by a fair amount of oil in one of the IC's and some noise, as well as a slipping clutch at about 500awtq. CM stage 3 is not advisable for these cars. I'll be getting AMD's clutch when I'm ready, which seems to be more than adequate for the power that these cars will produce.

I drove it for a weekend with the functioning ABS/ESP tune at stock power levels, soooo much smoother and nicer than the GIAC tune that just didn't seem to act right with the manual transmission. Props to AMD for taking on the challenge and figuring this out, apparently it was no small feat.

Jason

...this is what they used when racing with the RS6 Competition:Power transmission: quattro® transaxle, with 40:60 torque split front to rear

Clutch: Tilton 3-plate clutch, single mass fly wheel

Gearbox: Longitudinal 6-speed Audi transaxle gearbox, Engine Management: Pectel T10S http://www.cosworth.com/products/mot...s/pectel-mq12/
    Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    I have a 4:1 center dif, per Steve. When I get the car back from AMD, I'll do up some acceleration and dash videos.

The car has to be buttoned up as the intercoolers are being rebuilt due to bad leaking (new cores are being welded between the stock end tanks). The IC rebuild is more affordable than any aftermarket option and will have more flow than stock as the cores are thicker. We're doing the same number of charge rows as stock, 14, but apparently there can be as many as 17 charge rows for yet more flow but I didn't want to wait 2 months for the custom cores to be built, not to mention the extra cost. Also, I never plan on running meth so I'd prefer better cooling to maximum flow. Lastly, we are keeping the boost down on my car for now as one turbo seems to be nearing the end of its life as evidenced by a fair amount of oil in one of the IC's and some noise, as well as a slipping clutch at about 500awtq. CM stage 3 is not advisable for these cars. I'll be getting AMD's clutch when I'm ready, which seems to be more than adequate for the power that these cars will produce.

I drove it for a weekend with the functioning ABS/ESP tune at stock power levels, soooo much smoother and nicer than the GIAC tune that just didn't seem to act right with the manual transmission. Props to AMD for taking on the challenge and figuring this out, apparently it was no small feat.

Jason
    I also considered making my own IC's. I found the (bigger) cores for about $300 each, and I was just going to weld the old end tanks to the new cores..but wasn't sure if they would fit. I only have the one set and didn't want to risk it not working...always an option later...
    2013 Audi S8

Jason
    Hey Jason,
    Did AMD do the IC rebuild as well. I know my IC are probably due for a replacement but I am too cheap at this point to buy new ones.

By the way, I need to see this car. Drinks are on me.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I also considered making my own IC's. I found the (bigger) cores for about $300 each, and I was just going to weld the old end tanks to the new cores..but wasn't sure if they would fit. I only have the one set and didn't want to risk it not working...always an option later...
    What cores are you planning on using? Treadstone seems to make good cores.

Chung,

AMD is rebuilding the intercoolers, cores have been ordered. I hope to have the car back mid February.

I mounted my 01e to my rs6 engine with s6+ flywheel bolt on i only need to find another starter as the rs6 s6+ starter is to big.
    My friend ha an s8 with rs6 engine 01e no plate original starter but he ha to grind a bit in the engine casting and dril a new hole but it fits
    im not going to grind in the engine, rather get another starter.
    How much is a 01e gearbox over there ? We have got loads here in sweden

The RS6 trans with converter is ~320 lbs (145kg). The 01E 6 speed is around 200 lbs (90kg)
    05 Cayenne turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey View Post
    What cores are you planning on using? Treadstone seems to make good cores.
    Never heard of Treadstone. I shop here.

http://www.bellintercoolers.com/_pages/coreAirCore.html
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by TozoM8 View Post
    The RS6 trans with converter is ~320 lbs (145kg). The 01E 6 speed is around 200 lbs (90kg)
    My scale must be WAAAYYY off. I got 145 and 71...still a decent weight loss by itself...plus I lost a few lbs elsewhere...
    2013 Audi S8

RS6 6mt Update:

So I have my car back, with a bit more power than stock. We're doing 400/440 awhp/awtq right now due to slipping clutch. I'm a little sad about this but in all reality it's a good amount of power and moves out very well. I'd be happier with 450/525 +/- that it should be doing. The AMD tune is stock smooth and all systems are fully functioning with no dash lights. Intercoolers are all new, built by AMD using stock end tanks, and do the job quite nicely. My RS6 isn't as fast as my track car due to being 1200lbs more, but I did manage to bump the rev limit in 2nd gear fairly solid a couple of times yesterday due to being surprised at how quick it wrapped out the gear. It's so quite now with the SE exhaust I put on and it revs out the low gears deceptively fast, faster than I'm used to in my B5S4 with K03's.

Now for the gripes. Suspension is shot, it rattles like a tin can and isn't good at around town speeds. I'm going with KW V3's.

One turbo is on the way out as evidenced by gobs of oil on one intercooler. They don't make excessive noise and we're running low boost so they should be ok for a while. I'll Probably have them rebuilt with new CHRA's when I do the clutch (not normally the time to do turbos, but read below).

My biggest gripe is that the clutch job will be double normal cost as the engine and tranny have to be dropped together! This was not know by me until recently, either that the clutch would not hold tuned stock turbo power levels or that a clutch job is so silly with this adapter plate. I'll be installing an AMD clutch that is used on their crazy B5 cars that make more power than I ever will, when I can't stand it any more.

I love this car but it's turning in to more of a project than I was anticipating. Perhaps it will redeem itself when I drive it across the country this summer, it is an AWESOME highway monster even with the conservative power levels.

That's about all for now, ciao.

Jason

What did you go with for the clutch kit? This is what I have left to get to complete my shopping list for my swap.

This post on Audizine looks interesting to me.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Clutch-Review
    Last edited by kevin; February 14th, 2013 at 17:06. Reason: added url
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    What did you go with for the clutch kit? This is what I have left to get to complete my shopping list for my swap.
    Email AMD jason@addictmotorsport.com. He'll answer this. It's basically his Clutchmasters built clutch kit I'll be installing that he uses on super high power applications. Single disk IIRC.

Email AMD jason@addictmotorsport.com. He'll answer this. It's basically his Clutchmasters built clutch kit I'll be installing that he uses on super high power applications. Single disk IIRC.
    Will check with him too.

Thanks!
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Dear Avus,

Thanks for the update.

This whole 6 speed 01E conversion matters to me more than ever now because I bought another RS6. It is coming from the West Coast this week. I got it for under $16K BUT it had a known bad torque converter that the PO has been driving it with for quite some time.

Once it gets here and I assess the situation it will come down to either:

1) Tozo to rebuild autobox with the torque converter sublet to ACE,

or

2) Cast aside the autobox entirely, source an 01E of my own, buy the SteveKen compatibility kit, along with other related parts (like the 3 pedal cluster stuff) and then send the car out to Seattle to get the electronics right as you have done.

I don't want CELs the rest of the time I own the car. I am also NOT able to do any of the conversion myself. So I won't take this route UNLESS there is someone willing to do this for me as virtually a turnkey mod from start to finish. I know that will cost. But quality work is never cheap.

We'll see what happens.
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!

No secret what shop I trust and has the skills to do anything and everything to these cars properly. ;-)

No secret what shop I trust and has the skills to do anything and everything to these cars properly. ;-)
    AMD is in Woodinville, right?
    I'm in Newcastle so it is just up the 405 for me...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    AMD is in Woodinville, right?
    I'm in Newcastle so it is just up the 405 for me...
    That's right. Best to email him or drop in.