Thread: Not Perfect, But clean.

Not Perfect, But clean.

Finally installed the Kenwood 9960. Not 100% perfect but close enough. Fitting the unit in the dash was tight. Not much room behind the unit for the maze of wires and plugs. But I got it to work any. Also I am using the Factory Sharkfin antenna, which works like charm. HD tuner also installed and works well. Also the Ipod controller,Blue tooth phone, and Backup Camera who's viewing angles I can change also work very well. Overall I am quite pleased with this Modern Navigational unit. Here are a few pictures of the install.

03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

That looks really good, but I would have like to see a "before" picture.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Neat looking install. Where did you hook up the backup cam trigger? Driver side kick panel?
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by snoopra View Post
    Neat looking install. Where did you hook up the backup cam trigger? Driver side kick panel?
    Yea Snoop, that's exactly were I go it from. It was shown in Teddy B Game's RNSE install guide. I really got a chance to check out the GPS satellite reception today using the Factory Sharkfin antenna. All 11 satellites came in at nearly full strength. The Unit Paired with my I-phone quite seamlessly also. Couldn't be more happier.
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Looks very good!

Great condition on the interior overall as well.