Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel Vibration afer 19" wheel upgrade. Ideas?

So the 10mm H&R spacers are on things are better, not perfect but better. I am going to do one more test by rotating the tires and then I can decide on next steps.
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

Its got to be the wheels still. Sounds like one or more likely a couple have a slight bend. I had what you describe in front from 2 bent wheels but at first thought it was just one of them...we moved the bad one to the back and was way better but still there. The wheels would balance so it was the visual on the balancing machine where we saw it. One was obvious, another was not and when we went ahead and moved the second one to the rear suspecting a bend everything was pretty good. All four i had fixed/checked and all is smooth as glass again.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Thanks for the advice

I also had a vibration issue at about 50 mph with BBS 19" wheels and the 5mm spacers. I currently have 20" OZ wheels with no spacers on the beast and it rides fine, so the problem does seem to be with the spacers. I will try new spacers per the recommendation.

Check your tie-rods inner and outer. They may have been ok with the stock tires and wheels but the over-sized wheels may have exaggerated the issue. If there is any play in the rods then get them changed. Tires out of round is rare but possible and if the spacers are not hub-centric to the hub and the wheels you will have vibration issues, their is a place that makes great spacers, Ill have to get the name for you. My issue was inner tie-rods, good luck with finding the issue.