Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the US Friends: Do you want the TT-RS?

For the US Friends: Do you want the TT-RS?

In my present condition (married with 3 kids) I would love to have one, but would most likely not buy it. Doesn't mean I don't love the car so heck, I'll sign the petition.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    In my present condition (married with 3 kids) I would love to have one, but would most likely not buy it. Doesn't mean I don't love the car so heck, I'll sign the petition.

Ben
    Ben, I sense from your answer that is the TT RS goes stateside...you are going to have some serious dilema about getting one as a weekend / fulltime toy...he he he.

Saludos mate.

possibly.
    Ron Paul Fan

Wish the 5 cyl turbo motor would find its way into other Audi's as well. Would have loved to have seen this motor in the S4/S3....i'd take the 5cyl turbo over the tupercharged 6 or turbo 4 anyday.

Yes! please bring it over

Wow, if I'd seen Qisha post this I'd have believed sooner that the facebook push was real. Dave, get out your checkbook and back up them fightin' words.
    "What do you think is the meaning of true happiness, Hobbes? Is it money, cars, and women?

Or is it just money and cars?"

No lie, I've been stuffing money in a jar on the kitchen counter for a year and a half. It says "TTRS Fund" on the label.

Dear Friends,

as you might already know, TT RS is coming to the USA and Canada.

Coupe only, 6-speed manual only, limited to 1.000 units in total (750 USA, 250 Canada).

Qisha

PS: pricing... is tend to keep the 5 in front.

What took me so long to find this thread.

Hell YES!!!!!!!

Where do I put my deposit. I dont care what you all say about the government. Just give me my TT RS and I will go crawl back in my cave.

On a side note, Qisha....did the C6 RS6 have a returnless fuel system? In other words, no fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail and no return fuel line?

The link does not work on that first page. Tell me where to sign up with Audi.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    On a side note, Qisha....did the C6 RS6 have a returnless fuel system? In other words, no fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail and no return fuel line?

The link does not work on that first page. Tell me where to sign up with Audi.
    Dear DHall1,

Fuel System RS 6 (C6):

- ully demand controlled

- two fuel tank mounted low pressure fuel lift pumps

- two returnless single-piston high-pressure FSI injection pumps driven via roller tappet from a double cam lobe on the inlet camshaft (max. pressure: 120 bars (1,740 psi)

- two separate stainless steel common rail fuel distributor rails (one rail per cylinder bank)

- ten combustion chamber sited direct injection solenoid controlled sequential fuel injectors

TT RS:

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/e...ewsletter.html

Qisha

What took me so long to find this thread.

Hell YES!!!!!!!

Where do I put my deposit. I dont care what you all say about the government. Just give me my TT RS and I will go crawl back in my cave.
    AoA comes through for Dave... congrats!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

That is just music to my ears. What a design. Wow

Thank you as always and my form is sent to AoA. Now if they just charge me sticker price we have a deal.

Consider our AMG history. There will be two Audi RS models sitting out in the garage. This is the best news.

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear DHall1,

Fuel System RS 6 (C6):

- ully demand controlled

- two fuel tank mounted low pressure fuel lift pumps

- two returnless single-piston high-pressure FSI injection pumps driven via roller tappet from a double cam lobe on the inlet camshaft (max. pressure: 120 bars (1,740 psi)

- two separate stainless steel common rail fuel distributor rails (one rail per cylinder bank)

- ten combustion chamber sited direct injection solenoid controlled sequential fuel injectors

TT RS:

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/e...ewsletter.html

Qisha

Now we are talkin

Now if they just charge me sticker price we have a deal.
    Not going to happen. With a "5" in front (AKA $59K), I reckon that is as low as it goes. Afterall, it is not an R Golf, it is an RS.
    Ron Paul Fan

You're saying what? That the dealers are going to markup over sticker?

In this economy? I think Audi should set a fair sticker price and I will pay full sticker price for the car. If not, then I wait a year to buy one used.

Audi of America can price themselves right out of the market niche for this RSTT if they dont watch it. There are other choices and not many folks want to drop 65k+ on a 2dr small coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Not going to happen. With a "5" in front (AKA $59K), I reckon that is as low as it goes. Afterall, it is not an R Golf, it is an RS.

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    .... limited to 1.000 units in total (750 USA, 250 Canada).
    Qisha
    From AoA webpage:
    "To gauge consumer passion for the high-performance car, Audi launched an innovative survey on its Facebook tab. After more than 11,500 fans expressed their enthusiasm for the Audi TT RS in just one month, Audi executives concluded the car’s time had come."

This tells me the price will be on the high side to lower the actual "demand" for only 750 vehicles. Why so stingy with the allotment?

I still say when the rubber meets the road if the price is too high then buyers will drop out. Looking at the typical euro price for the car and the reasonable current exchange rate....high 50s is a shot. You start heading north of 60 and far too many wives will start to have a say in the matter. Should be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    From AoA webpage:
    "To gauge consumer passion for the high-performance car, Audi launched an innovative survey on its Facebook tab. After more than 11,500 fans expressed their enthusiasm for the Audi TT RS in just one month, Audi executives concluded the car’s time had come."

This tells me the price will be on the high side to lower the actual "demand" for only 750 vehicles. Why so stingy with the allotment?