Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About to jump back into the RS6 family...... looking for input on mods for everyone.

About to jump back into the RS6 family...... looking for input on mods for everyone.

I did search many of these but had a few questions:

I can't recall optimal offset for a 19x9.0 rim running a 265/35/19.... seem to think it was about ET28. Any downside to the 265/35 's over the 275/30's ? I ran 275's on my old RS6 but in 20's and thought the ride too rough.... like to keep a bit more sidewall.

I am hower going to do either Stasis or KW3's ( and H-sports) - any insight or issues to think of / consider....

Next up is exhaust - likely will gut cats and then either an Eissenman race like my old car or Miltek...suggestions ?

Wagners and the foglight delete are all but a sure thing.... might consider the Sportec mod but need to get the pan off to feel more comfortable with that...

misc - Dv's ? filters ? any other must do's ? The car already has APR software, may switch that but will give it some time...

Excited to coming back into the group as I love the forum and the depth of knowledge you all share so willingly..... I often lurked and was jealous that with my current W12 there were so few options for mods.....( althought I did find a few) looking forward to sharing, learning and tweaking my new toy.....

Cheers~

Did you find an example RS6 to your liking? If not, I found a cherry one in San Diego, that is bone stock and has the recalled DRC and the 35k service done.
    And it ISN'T mine...

Edit: OPPS! "The car already has APR software" - just re-read that
    Last edited by ben916; August 3rd, 2010 at 17:51.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by covertw12 View Post
    I am hower going to do either Stasis or KW3's ( and H-sports) - any insight or issues to think of / consider....
    My .02 - can't personally speak for the KW3's, but can say that while the Stasis MS performance is great, there are some downside issues if your car wil basically be a d/d. There have been some rear clunking issues, and although Stasis replaced my rear dampers with a modified version, there is still some undesired chatter. Secondly, these dampers - while well built - are designed to be re-built every couple of years; I recently had a front left reservoir leak, and returned both fronts to Stasis for re-building ($100/shock plus shipping to/from). I removed/re-installed the shocks myself or else the total cost would have been considerably higher.

Good luck and welcome back
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Did you find an example RS6 to your liking? If not, I found a cherry one in San Diego, that is bone stock and has the recalled DRC and the 35k service done.
    And it ISN'T mine...

Edit: OPPS! "The car already has APR software" - just re-read that
    Think I'm going to check out the one in Chicago - low miles and service history seems good, plus I love Avus/ silver w/ CF....... good for the damn heat we have here .

what are the specs on the car in CA ?

Avus silver
    ebony interior
    carbon fiber
    36,000 miles
    tint- from what I can see
    original owner.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

CovertW12, You previously had an RS6 with an Eisenmann race exhaust? What color was the car? Where are you from? I have an Avus silver with silver/carbon fiber, and Eisenmann Race exhaust. The car was originally purchased in Scottsdale, then moved to CA, before I ended up with it in MN. I've always wondered if the previous owner was around.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

sorry to hijack the thread....

Where can I find out more about the car in San Diego?

Thanks,

Stephen

19x9 et29 rs4 wheels fit perfect on the rs6.

265x35x19 may not fit. Triple check before buying.

I can't recall optimal offset for a 19x9.0 rim running a 265/35/19.... seem to think it was about ET28. Any downside to the 265/35 's over the 275/30's ? I ran 275's on my old RS6 but in 20's and thought the ride too rough.... like to keep a bit more sidewall.

Next up is exhaust - likely will gut cats and then either an Eissenman race like my old car or Miltek...suggestions ?

Wagners and the foglight delete are all but a sure thing.... might consider the Sportec mod but need to get the pan off to feel more comfortable with that...

misc - Dv's ? filters ? any other must do's ? The car already has APR software, may switch that but will give it some time...

Excited to coming back into the group as I love the forum and the depth of knowledge you all share so willingly..... I often lurked and was jealous that with my current W12 there were so few options for mods.....( althought I did find a few) looking forward to sharing, learning and tweaking my new toy.....

Cheers~

As far as the Suspension. The best suspensions in my opinion are the KW, Stasis MS and HR. Haven't run them yet but have had some shop input. There is Knocking from the suspension on these cars and the only one noted to totally cure this is the KW,s. I also run Hotchkiss H-sport Sways and like them. but again not sure if that is what causes the knock. Oh well until I get the KW I will have to put up with it.

I have been told by a Tech' friend that APR's R1 diverters are the best out there right now and am looking to switch from the Forge soon. I run APR Software and love it, specially tuned to eliminate the cats (bst for the money without being stand alone) and they are great with their warranty. I have run it two S4's as well.

Currently I have LaBree Downpipes which come with both high flow cats and catless pipes w/Milltek cat back. Hard pressed to go with anything else. Keeps it quiet (low rumble) until you rap the throttle.

"Must do's" in my opinion would be silicone hoses and larger IC's (I have O34 IC's), Steel Braded Brake lines.

If you or anyone else has feedback. I welcome any and all opinions.

T.

Cheers~

Quote Originally Posted by SIKAudi View Post
    As far as the Suspension. The best suspensions in my opinion are the KW, Stasis MS and HR.
    Has anybody here run Bilstein PSS-9's on a beast? Seriously thinking about coilovers. The Bilsteins are quite a bit cheaper than importing H&Rs or KW's.

I am running them. I dont have the data to differentiate between the different setups, but i like them. I got mine for 1750 or so from thepartsladi on ebay.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    I am running them. I dont have the data to differentiate between the different setups, but i like them. I got mine for 1750 or so from thepartsladi on ebay.
    Thanks, dude. I like the idea of the damping knob being just inside my wheel well.

Hey, did you have negative camber problems after install? Want to drop the beast an inch to an inch and a half or so, but concerned with the front control arms' lack of camber adjustment travel to properly align after a drop.

I can take some pics for you tomorrow of where I have my ride height set at. As far as alignment is concerned, I will let you know Thursday after I get the beast aligned again after changing the ride height.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Thanks, dude. I like the idea of the damping knob being just inside my wheel well.

Hey, did you have negative camber problems after install? Want to drop the beast an inch to an inch and a half or so, but concerned with the front control arms' lack of camber adjustment travel to properly align after a drop.
    With my KW's, I run (measured from fender lip to center of wheel) 13 1/4" in the front and 13 1/2" in the rear, so a bit over an inch lower than stock. My camber comes in at around 1.8 degrees, which is slightly out of spec, but my tires still wear perfectly even. I don't necessarily see a little bit of extra negative camber as a bad thing. I've said it before, but tire wear is more of an issue with excessive toe in rather than camber.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

My car didn't have cf. But I loved that eissenman ! Where are you in MN?

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    CovertW12, You previously had an RS6 with an Eisenmann race exhaust? What color was the car? Where are you from? I have an Avus silver with silver/carbon fiber, and Eisenmann Race exhaust. The car was originally purchased in Scottsdale, then moved to CA, before I ended up with it in MN. I've always wondered if the previous owner was around.

I'm in St. Paul Park, which is a tiny south/east suburb of St. Paul. Here's a list of what I have done to my car in reference to your original post. I have a Viper tuned ecu/tcu, Forge diverter valves, Venair silicone boost hoses, silicone vacuum line, Eisemann race exhaust, the Sportec lower vent mod, KW V3 coilovers, H-Sport sway bars, ECS stainless steel brake lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid, EBC Redstuff brake pads, and DPE S20 wheels, 19x9.5 et35 with 275/30/19 tires.

+AcesIV and no blowby. Priceless one born every minute.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I'm in St. Paul Park, which is a tiny south/east suburb of St. Paul. Here's a list of what I have done to my car in reference to your original post. I have a Viper tuned ecu/tcu, Forge diverter valves, Venair silicone boost hoses, silicone vacuum line, Eisemann race exhaust, the Sportec lower vent mod, KW V3 coilovers, H-Sport sway bars, ECS stainless steel brake lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid, EBC Redstuff brake pads, and DPE S20 wheels, 19x9.5 et35 with 275/30/19 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    +AcesIV and no blowby. Priceless one born every minute.

:-)
    Hahaha. Shhhhh, it's a secret.