Thread: Passenger side mirror feature

Hybrid View

Passenger side mirror feature

I've had this feature on my 1997 BMW 540i, but I was not aware of it in the RS6.

If you turn the mirror adjusting knob as to adjust the passenger side mirror, if you put the car in 'Reverse', you will see that the mirror moves in such a manner to make the curb visible.

As I said, I've had this feature on the Bimmer for quite sometime, but never bothered to read the manual fully to see if it was available in the RS6. I always found it great to use, since I hate to curb wheels.

Anyone else aware of this feature?

Had this on my allroad. I believe it ties into the parktronic. It seems to me that the mirror only lowers when the sensors sense something behind you. You don't have to do any adjusting for it to happen. . It took me a while to realize it too. It is a great feature to have again on the RS6.

The feature IS great. What i especially like is that you can choose to have it off as well. My wife isn't always into it (like backing out of the drive way) and can just leave it off but when parking against a curb turns it on (unlike my cousins TL which goes down no matter what!).

Ben Bake Mono BANZAI!!!

Acutally, my 2001 2.7 A6 had this same feature, so I don't believe it is new to Audi. I hardly ever used it, although I do think it is pretty neat.

this is standard feature on Audi S4/S6 from 1992 forward.

I have to check out if my 2.7T has it... :hmm:
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

coolio

I was not aware that the S4s also had this feature. I'll have to check mine tonight.

Also, the RS6 passenger mirror only seems to move if the knob is on that mirror adjustable position.

Yep, the mirror should tilt downwards when reverse gear is selected, provided that that mirror is selected on the control switch. However, the feature is linked to seat memory (shouldn't be linked to the parktronic in any way), so it is not available on european cars where Recaros are fitted.
    03 RS6 Avant - Daytona Grey, Silver Leather/Alcantara :)

Originally posted by gjg
    this is standard feature on Audi S4/S6 from 1992 forward.
    My 95 A6 had it too